IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How rare will your STi be? Here are the official number of STi's to be imported...300 STi's per month to the U.S., if they start in May of 2003 - 2,100 total for the year, if they start earlier (say March) figure 2,700 for the year. 1 per dearler with sold orders until all the orders are filled.

Doesn't sound bad until you figure there are over 600 dealers in the U.S. Sold orders get filled first...but remember if every dealership has 1 sold pre-order...it will take over 2 months for those order to be filled. (600/300 = 2 months). What number are you on your local dealers list?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder why 300 STi's per month? I feel it's just a hype. I'd bet if they want to take buyers away from evo's they'll match the evo production numbers. Sort of like the 10,000 wrx.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Re: STi performance

Good lord.....what are they trying to do here? Make money or piss off old and new enthusiasts alike?

There's limited production and then there is LIMITED production. Someone should tell SOA it's a Subaru, not an Enzo. :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Good lord.....what are they trying to do here? Make money or piss off old and new enthusiasts alike?

There's limited production and then there is LIMITED production. Someone should tell SOA it's a Subaru, not an Enzo. :(

I rather wait an extra month than having STi driving around everywhere like is just another WRX.

just my .02

Jack

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I rather wait an extra month than having STi driving around everywhere like is just another WRX.

just my .02

Jack
I agree wholeheartedly!! Part of the reason I like the car so much is it exclusivity.

BTW, I'm #1 at my dealer with a sold order, so no worries for me! 8) :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Exclusivity is nice, but if I was SOA I would only think in terms of revenue. If there is a demand sell a many as possible a la WRX. Get it while it's good, they alredy blew a ripe opportunity by not bring the WRX back in MY'00.

IMO true Subaru exclusivity is still ~3+ years away with the arrival of the rumored SVX like coupe.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm going to love the exclusivity of the STi....but that's a little extreme, don't you think?

Eh....maybe not. How many Type-Rs came over each year? I thought it was around 3-4k.

·
Registered
41 Posts
91TB78 said:

just my .02

Jack
I agree wholeheartedly!! Part of the reason I like the car so much is it exclusivity.

BTW, I'm #1 at my dealer with a sold order, so no worries for me! 8) :lol:
i am # 2 at the same dealer :( , but its alright......

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you want one, you'll get one. The waiting lists may be long, but when it comes time to drop $32k it'll be like rats off a sinking ship. One may have to wait 6 months or so for the initial demand to die down, but once that's past it'll be as easy to get one as walking into your dealer, placing your order, and coming back in 6 weeks to pick it up.

This is a Japanese econo-box for BMW money. Don't get me wrong, it's the one I'd take, but how many people will REALLY spend that kind of money on a Subaru Impreza. Performance may be paramount to all of us, but we're the minority in this country. We'll see, but as long as you don't have to be the first guy on the block, this will not be a hard car to acquire. I think SOA is smart to limit it as much as they are. Any more than 300 a month and I guarantee you'll see them sitting on dealer lots by this time next year.

Phil

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's all about having very few of the cars that you drive on the road, which I think is the best way to go.
It's like: mustang...mustang...mustang...mustang...mustang..oooooooooohhhh...... SUPRA!!!!...mustang...mustang...mustang...ooooooohhhhh...STi!!!!
I'm not bashing mustangs, its just that I'd like to have a car that you don't see everyday.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i honestly don't care how exclusive they are as long as they live up to my expectations and i can get one for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sti unveiled at LA Auto?

No, please do bash mustangs. It sucks though for people like me, I was the first one at my dealership do ask about an STi. I bothered the sales manager, not just a regular salesman, for months and was told I was first on the "waiting list". When worm said that they were taking sold orders, I called him and he said they weren't, but that he would call me when they were. So I let 3 weeks go by and called him to check and he said "oh yeah, come on in I forgot" :evil: So now I went from number 1 to number 9 all because he didn't call me. F'n salesmen, theyre all the same. So now I probably won't get one being #9. Too bad we can't just deal with SOA directly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only thing that matters is the order that SOA receives the "sold orders" , right? He said he would bump me up in line, but I don't know if its too late or not. What pisses me off the most is that I did all this guy's homework for him about the new front end, possible DCCD, press release date, and everything else.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah I guess its because I'm young that he doesn't take me seriously. Little does he know I was going to put more than half down in cash. I wonder if worm is going to come out again before the press release?

S

·
0 Posts
Make the full change over now... and keep the old 4 searches

If you look at JJ's demographics of who the WRX and the WRX STi customers are, you will find that more than 90% of them are young.

A salesman that does not treat customers with respect will not be a successful salesperson. I hope you get your situation sorted out.

JJ talked about having a Downer Dealer List/Forum reserved for dealers that stink big time. I hope all Subaru dealers are wise and well managed, so that the list remains short. I would like to see 0 names on the list. The converse of this is to have a five star dealer list where all of the great Subaru dealers are given there cudos (sp?).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts