IW STi Forum banner

681 - 694 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I thought Harmon motive never released their exhaust.
I should check back more frequent, theres a few harmon motive exhaust out there they sold them for about a year or two then something like the third year they where bought out or merged with another garage.

Its a magnaflow with a resonator and the tips where replaced with what ever harmon chose to put on the ends it should sound no different that MXP exhaust makes. Or what the guy at the muffler shop said its just a old late 60s camaro muffler magnaflow is selling us. :)

Getting my car back any time within a day or two now and i have a 40 hour or more drive planned so i plan to get at least one decent sound clip made.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's between the Cobb CBE or Turbo XS CBE Touring'!!

Which one should I go with. Looking for something with low to no drone nice sound not super loud .

Thanks for your inputs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
How would the Turbo XS sound with a cat less down pipe. Just don't want drone

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's between the Cobb CBE or Turbo XS CBE Touring'!!

Which one should I go with. Looking for something with low to no drone nice sound not super loud .

Thanks for your inputs

I'm also looking for this. How's the difference between the Cobb and the Greddy evo3? There a lot of drone on either?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually have a borla CBE with a cobb catted DP and its pretty darn loud.. i have youtube clips of it comparing it to stock exhaust, CBE, and CBE + DP.

I still havent had a chance to do another video now that it is protuned. It backfires almost in every gear. Makes me want to go catless to shoot some flames :)

youtube channel is jokester1233

-William

·
Registered
528 Posts
I now sound like a motor cycle i think, i also picked up a fart can sound at around 2500rpms.

Boxer fart. -Kamak UEL header and HM resonated magnaflow exhaust. EDITED 8/8/14 Nasty Boxer Rasp at exactly 3k rpms im hearing less of it than before i dont know why becuase the muffler ive had since 2009 theres no more burn in period with the exhuast.

I just figured out its called raspe. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well got the Greddy Supreme SP CBE and there was a slight fitment issue with the Invidia DP but it was minor nothing a double thick gasket cant fix. The over fit is okay it and I need to tweak the it so the tips line up even. Other than that the CBE with stock DP was pretty good sounding and quite. It got loud when I installed a ELH, UP, and DP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No^ I have the Cobb, and I'm not saying it has bad Drone, but it's not known for being the quietest.
However I do personally love the sound, wouldn't want it any quieter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great post,

Does anyone know which of these aftermarket exhaust are compatible with COBB AP maps?

Also, which of these has the best "throaty" sound. I'm more of a fan of the low rumbles than high pitches and would hate to invest in one that doesn't sound like I'm expecting.

681 - 694 of 694 Posts