IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Now I actually was thinking to myself that someone probably went through all of the work to make that whole Rub Goldberg thing work until I saw the wheels rolling up hill on that little ramp...... :roll:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
the full ad was shown on "autoline detroit" on speed tv this week. (i still have it on my pvr and can capture it if people want it in a more convenient format.) they said it took over 600 takes! they said there's no computer generation or other tricks. what i don't get is how they made the wheels roll up hill!

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
the full ad was shown on "autoline detroit" on speed tv this week. (i still have it on my pvr and can capture it if people want it in a more convenient format.) they said it took over 600 takes! they said there's no computer generation or other tricks. what i don't get is how they made the wheels roll up hill!
Yeah the up hill part has got to be a trick. Notice the 2nd wheel accelerates and after it bumps the 3rd one, it stops momentarily and then continues uphill again accelerating...hmmm...maybe they used magnets...or a computer ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The wheels have weights taped inside of them, it is not a trick, just physics. This commercial is an "homage" to a movie called "The Way Things Go", which is the same sort of thing done by two Swiss artists in the 80s. It is about a half hour long, check it out at amazon.com. My kid watches it over and over and over...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Irvine Subaru & MSRP vs Mark-up

mx_9 said:
Hey, are you that masked magician that goes around showing how tricks are done?
No he isn't. I accidently killed that guy with my snowblower last winter. He was homeless and fell asleep on my driveway right before a big storm. :p

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
lmao. where did that come from!? hilarious! (guy humor! "it's great to be a guy." i tell that to my wife like once a week. :) )

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
gsx95 said:
This commercial is an "homage" to a movie called "The Way Things Go"...My kid watches it over and over and over...
on that recommendation, i prompt ordered it. got it today and watched it with the kids (6yo and 18mo) tonight. they loved it; well, my 6yo did and the 18mo was enthusiastic because his big sister was. it's a great video. it was cool to see my 6yo try to predict what was going to happen next; a really good way to them to learn the physics of the world.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts