IW STi Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ended up going with the Rydeen MINy Duo. It's a solid little camera, performs great, and looks clean, but with a rather big drawback: you can't aim it due to that solid design. The trim piece where the OEM camera goes is angled slightly upwards, so the camera points upwards a little too much and I can't see the edge of my bumper.

I may see if there is another option from Rydeen that can be aimed. The Duo works, but it isn't perfect...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ended up going with the Rydeen MINy Duo. It's a solid little camera, performs great, and looks clean, but with a rather big drawback: you can't aim it due to that solid design. The trim piece where the OEM camera goes is angled slightly upwards, so the camera points upwards a little too much and I can't see the edge of my bumper.

I may see if there is another option from Rydeen that can be aimed. The Duo works, but it isn't perfect...

Image Link
The image link doesn't work anymore. Can you send a picture of the camera mounted and the poor view angle? thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
87 Posts
anyone ever seen this? The only 1 review shows that someone tried it with the hatch. Just looks like the plastic cover modified to fit this camera.

SDB Car Backup Camera For Subaru Forester 2013 Rearview camera
Amazon.com : SDB Car Backup Camera For Subaru Forester 2013 Rearview camera with Waterproof Night Vision : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics

Review from amazon:
The camera doesn't stick out too far and looks like it belongs there
By Mike on January 1, 2015
This is listed as a forester camera but it will also work with a 2014 WRX Hatch back Limited edition (not the Sedan). It fits perfectly into the spot where the existing light is located (the clips match exactly). It also has a hole where you can clip the existing light into it so it still maintains the factory look. The camera doesn't stick out too far and looks like it belongs there. That said, there are a couple of downsides:

1) The angle of the camera is a little too harsh towards the ground. You can see the bumper of the hatch and the ground very well (even at night) but I wish it was angled a little differently so I can see more of what is behind me. It's not a deal breaker but it definitely could be improved.

2) It has built in guidelines and you can't disable them. This is fine but my HU has guidelines that i'd prefer to use instead.

3) There is no rubber ring around the plastic case to mold it to the body. The factory piece does have a rubber piece to prevent water and other things from getting inside your car. To fix this I cut some double sided tape along the edge to mimick the rubber stopper that was on the factory piece. It worked really well and also helped make the fit really snug.

I looked hard for a camera for my WRX that looked stock. I also didn't want to drill any holes into the body. This fit the bill. I definitely recommend if you have a WRX hatchback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ADDED: It appears the 2008-2009 Navi models do not add the parking guide lines, only the warning text. The diagnostic/setup screen says "RearCamera Check" (not Setup). When you display that screen, there are no controls (other than "Menu" to return to previous screen).

ADDED: A 2009 owner with the FXDD07KF2 said that after he switched to new maps (he went from v 1.1 to 6.1), the HU begin adding the parking guide lines.

lost my parking guide lines after battery change on my 2009 impreza, anyone who can help me with a download for the correct dvd? correct updates meny not coming back wth the (not original- i suspect this are volvo dvd's) 2015 and 2015 dvd
but worked previously (dvd which updated the softare previous =thrown away many years ago/deleted)

61 - 64 of 64 Posts