IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car has been used for just over 5 years now, driven only 50,000 km, and the head unit already failing. The audio is working fine, the touch feature does function as well, but nothing can be displayed. I heard this happening to many owners. I don't think there's a way to fix it, or is there? I'm thinking to replace it all together with a reputable one. I need a suggestion please.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace it. Once it starts it never goes back.
Thanks a lot. Can you suggest a good one? All I care about most is the radio and my USB flash memory playlist; I badly groove on 90's Eurodance hits.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you aren’t going OEM Replacement I really like the simple alpine head units. The non touch ones. I’m an old soul
There is no reason to go OEM since many have repeatedly confirmed it is defective from factory. Yes I'm looking for something simple and reliable, I'm an old soul too, but I wouldn't mind the touch head units. Let me take a look at this alpine and see if it's compatible with VA models (mine is 16 btw). Or might as well go for iDoing; it is said to be reasonably priced and full of features (which ironically most of them outweigh my need).

Reactions: CT Boost
1 - 5 of 5 Posts