IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have noticed the smell of buring rubber coming from the heating vents. It doesn't happen all the time, but from time to time I get a really strong smell of burning rubber. I know it can't be from running it too hard because whenever it does happen, I'm pretty much not working it at all. I think I'll bring it into the dealer to get checked out, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my STI always stinks a bit after i drive it hard...mostly brakes. I dont know how many miles are on yours but I have 3500 on mine and it still stinks a bit occasionally. Sorry I'm not very helpful, but mine stinks sometimes, but not enough to get concerned about. Do you ride your brakes like a granny? next time you smell it, pull over somewhere and smell your front brakes, I bet it's your culprit.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
check the wires on the alt. the ones wraped in a black tube. mine was just starting to burn when i found it. it didn't start until i finished the stero. guress the alt. had to work much harder :wink:

ted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts