IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on and my cruise was flashing so i went to the auto parts store to have them scan the code. I can not remember the code number but it said tha the oxygen sensor is slow. Just wondering if anyone knew that it was bad, and that i have to get a new one, Or if i could just clean it (if there is anyways to do that). I do have a high flow cat on my turboback, and a homeaid cel light fix. Since i put my homeaid fix with the Help brand anti fowler plugs(8,000 miles ago) i have not had any problems until now.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
p0031? if that was it, say hello to $140 for a new O2 sensor. I just replaced mine a few days ago. Right now, it sounds like you are in limp mode and I wouldn't drive it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no the scan code was somthing like P1069 or somthing close to that. i am going to take it to a shop monday or tuesday. i wish i didnt have to drive it but its my only way to get around to work and school.

thanks, anyone else advise would help out too.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. i was searching all over for one and i could not find it.
The code is P0139 Rear oxygen sensor circuit slow response. i thought i had the right code, sorry.
Hope this helps figure out the real problem.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
If you had the AP, you could clear the code. If it doesn't come back you would be fine. With a turboback you should have EM anyway. I'd replace the sensor - the rear one is cheap.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
SilverSuby said:
My check engine light came on and my cruise was flashing so i went to the auto parts store to have them scan the code. I can not remember the code number but it said tha the oxygen sensor is slow. Just wondering if anyone knew that it was bad, and that i have to get a new one, Or if i could just clean it (if there is anyways to do that). I do have a high flow cat on my turboback, and a homeaid cel light fix. Since i put my homeaid fix with the Help brand anti fowler plugs(8,000 miles ago) i have not had any problems until now.
Just take off you negative battery terminal and reset your ECU. That rear O2 code is usually random with a TBE. Nothing to worry about until you get tuned or get an AP.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cats don't work as efficient when you have a TBE, and the sole purpose of that O2 sensor is for emissions. Its output is not used by ECU to recalibrate AFR, so you're VERY safe to use the car.

Most Stage1 / Stage2 simple maps disable such codes right away.
- Ozer

SilverSuby said:
Thanks for the link. i was searching all over for one and i could not find it.
The code is P0139 Rear oxygen sensor circuit slow response. i thought i had the right code, sorry.
Hope this helps figure out the real problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awsome. thanks guys for your help. Hopfully i will be able to pay some of my bills off and get an AP w/Protune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts