After months of research (and patience - Thank you!) we have completed our research and development on the O+ Upgrade for 2015 WRX / STI owners that have the Harmon Kardon audio. Because the HK system is a CAN-Bus closed loop system - The head unit is strictly tied-in to the amplifier and cannot be separated.
With that said, our acoustic engineering team didn't shy away from the challenge; Producing a compatible and demonstrable improvement to the overall sound quality of the system has been achieved!!
This kit is comprised of the following:
- Vehicle Specific Subwoofer System: 8" Dual Voice-Coil / 14-liter Sealed Enclosure
- Dedicated subwoofer amplification (Integrated to back of assembly for space savings and ease of installation).
- In-line compensation filters for the dash and front door speakers addresses HK tonal balance issues.
- Wiring harness features splice-less connectivity.
In terms of Sound Quality what difference can you expect?
- Absence of excessive sibilance and edginess from the dash speakers.
- Absence of muddy-ness attributable to excessive low frequency output generated by the front door woofers.
- Improved transparency between all the speakers resulting in a coherent sound reminiscent of high quality bookshelf monitors or modern studio near-field monitors. Improved imaging, stereo separation and seamless integration with the subwoofer.
- By-passing the factory subwoofer in lieu of our 8-inch enclosed system resulted in increase dynamics and low frequency extension. With a power increase of almost 200 watts, the system sounds larger without being overpowering.
The O+ Upgrade for HK Owners
Looking for a complete sound solution for your Non-HK 2015 WRX / STI? Consider the System 400+