IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - brighter rear turn signal LED bulbs and raised HID height

Nox, do you have the link to the SMD turn signal bulbs you just got? They look great! Do you know if we can change the bulbs in the side mirrors?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Nox's 09 OBP STI - brighter rear turn signal LED bulbs and raised HID height

Nox, do you have the link to the SMD turn signal bulbs you just got? They look great! Do you know if we can change the bulbs in the side mirrors?

Sent you the link via PM.

It's been a while, but from what I recall, the bulbs in the mirrors are already LED. We'd have to open the mirrors up to check what's in there. I didn't bother checking to upgrade them because I already have a turn signal LED strip in my fender side vents. I almost light up an entire lane next to me now when I have my turn signals on. :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - brighter rear turn signal LED bulbs and raised HID height

Thew a P0327 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor) with the cel steady, flashing cruise/ha this morning on my commute to work.

Normal driving in I mode normally accelerating to highway speed. Stopped when I could and reset the code. It didn't come back for the remainder of the drive.

Time to do some research! I'll check the service manual later today. If anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

blah! hope you don't have an issue! I got a code mid-summer but didn't know what it was, car went into limp mode, checked the gas tank and the cap had been off for about half of my drive up north. Must have triggered it. Put the gas cap back on and never seen the code since.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)

blah! hope you don't have an issue! I got a code mid-summer but didn't know what it was, car went into limp mode, checked the gas tank and the cap had been off for about half of my drive up north. Must have triggered it. Put the gas cap back on and never seen the code since.
Ya, I hope it's nothing big. This isn't my first one this summer either. I had a bad left intake AVCS and a leaky Oil Pressure Switch almost a week after I had replaced my steering rack. Replaced both and all was good. Hopefully, this is just a sensor again. With 100k km, you kind of have to expect dirty or bad sensors.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Ya, I hope it's nothing big. This isn't my first one this summer either. I had a bad OCV and a leaky Oil Pressure Switch almost a week after I had replaced my steering rack. Replaced both and all was good. Hopefully, this is just a sensor again. With 100k km, you kind of have to expect dirty or bad sensors.
yeah that makes sense :p Mine's still young (just hit 60k KM) and trying to keep it young by riding my bike as much as possible during the summer. Winter will be another story hovever :p we shall see!!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - P0327 ruh roh! Back up camera and ski rack!

nice haul man :D

curious why you chose to go with the Kenwood CMOS-220? It's pretty expensive compared to most of the rear-view cameras you can get. Cheapest I found it for is like $150ish whereas I have seen quite a few around the $40-60 range with great reviews. Wondering since I would eventually like to throw onw on as well; my Pioneer navi head unit came ready for one.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

nice haul man :D

curious why you chose to go with the Kenwood CMOS-220? It's pretty expensive compared to most of the rear-view cameras you can get. Cheapest I found it for is like $150ish whereas I have seen quite a few around the $40-60 range with great reviews. Wondering since I would eventually like to throw onw on as well; my Pioneer navi head unit came ready for one.
I pretty much looked at all the threads talking about back up cameras to see what everyone else was using. The Kenwood series seemed to be the most successful camera. Everyone else who chose different brands had some sort of issue at one point. I basically just decided on the Kenwood despite the price because it's a pure plug and play. I also ordered the wiring harness from SVXdc for the back up camera. I could have built my own, but his price was cheap enough that it didn't warrant spending my time on it. :tup:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

I pretty much looked at all the threads talking about back up cameras to see what everyone else was using. The Kenwood series seemed to be the most successful camera. Everyone else who chose different brands had some sort of issue at one point. I basically just decided on the Kenwood despite the price because it's a pure plug and play. I also ordered the wiring harness from SVXdc for the back up camera. I could have built my own, but his price was cheap enough that it didn't warrant spending my time on it. :tup:
Ok cool, good to know. I wonder how the Pioneer rearview camera stacks up, it's a bit cheaper (around $100-120) and seems like good quality as well. Should be plug-and-play with my Pioneer head unit as well. Just not sure exactly how I would cleanly mount the camera on the trunk in such a way to satisfy my OCD LOL.

David (svdx) is the man when it comes to easy plug-and-play harnesses, I got my Pioneer/ASWC harness from him and was an easy install. Good customer service too.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Ok cool, good to know. I wonder how the Pioneer rearview camera stacks up, it's a bit cheaper (around $100-120) and seems like good quality as well. Should be plug-and-play with my Pioneer head unit as well. Just not sure exactly how I would cleanly mount the camera on the trunk in such a way to satisfy my OCD LOL.

David (svdx) is the man when it comes to easy plug-and-play harnesses, I got my Pioneer/ASWC harness from him and was an easy install. Good customer service too.
I believe the Pioneer units (maybe only after a certain MY though) are plug and play without a harness as they come with the back up camera rca video plug integrated.

I'm planning to mount mine in the middle as much as possible to have a centered pic. I don't think mine will show too much since the car is black, but we'll see.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

I believe the Pioneer units (maybe only after a certain MY though) are plug and play without a harness as they come with the back up camera rca video plug integrated.

I'm planning to mount mine in the middle as much as possible to have a centered pic. I don't think mine will show too much since the car is black, but we'll see.
yeah they do :D I could technically use any back-up camera, even the cheaper $40-60 ones of sonicelectronic and such, just got to find one with good reviews that I like and that I can mount cleanly :p

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

yeah they do :D I could technically use any back-up camera, even the cheaper $40-60 ones of sonicelectronic and such, just got to find one with good reviews that I like and that I can mount cleanly :p
Lucky, I'm a sucker for OEM or plug and play stuff. Less time I need to put in to figure out issues, more time I have for the other million hobbies I have. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)

East Coast Subaru meet and cruise yesterday. Nice cars and rumble all over. Fall cruises are always the best.

I joined the 100k club this morning. Stock and strong! :D

I've been playing around with my coilover settings quite a bit lately. It's paying off as I've found some interesting setups for city vs highway driving. It took me a while but I'm really liking these coilovers. Time to raise it back up for my winter mode soon!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Nox's 09 OBP STI - moar JDM goodness!

JDM armrest extension installed!

I'm really happy I got this. Not only for the extra storage, but the added comfort. I'm 6'1" and it fits perfectly making it much easier to rest the elbows. For those wondering, the height of the extended center console makes it level with the two armrests on the doors. These JDM addons really should come stock.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - moar JDM goodness!

Slowly activating winter mode. Raised my ride height close to stock. It feels like I'm driving a truck now, lol. It was my first time adjusting coilovers, quite the experience for such a simple task. Fortune Autos are pretty easy to adjust, but you need quite good forearm strength or make sure you soak some penetrating oil a day or two ahead of the task.

Sprayed the 3M clear bra where my roof rack feet sit on the paint. I don't like the results or the process as over spray is pretty harsh, but it'll do for now. This is what I get for trying something new! I'll just stick with it for this winter, but I'll be going back to good ol' trustworthy vinyl next year.

Installed my roof rack and wind fairing to get ready for a long ski season, hopefully. :)

Tested my Kenwood back up camera. Everything works great, it's super clear, but the CMOS-220 is not plug and play. I should have seen this before hand, but the new CMOS-220 that replaced the 200 does NOT come with a standalone power supply. You need to tap in to a 12V source. I didn't have time to figure out which wire I'll tap into, but I'll most likely just tap in to one of them connected to the NAV.

Installed my JDM Fanatic light smoke vinyls on my fog lights. Expensive little buggers, I need to make sure they're protected, lol.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - moar JDM goodness!

Slowly activating winter mode. Raised my ride height close to stock. It feels like I'm driving a truck now, lol. It was my first time adjusting coilovers, quite the experience for such a simple task. Fortune Autos are pretty easy to adjust, but you need quite good forearm strength or make sure you soak some penetrating oil a day or two ahead of the task.

Sprayed the 3M clear bra where my roof rack feet sit on the paint. I don't like the results or the process as over spray is pretty harsh, but it'll do for now. This is what I get for trying something new! I'll just stick with it for this winter, but I'll be going back to good ol' trustworthy vinyl next year.

Installed my roof rack and wind fairing to get ready for a long ski season, hopefully. :)

Tested my Kenwood back up camera. Everything works great, it's super clear, but the CMOS-220 is not plug and play. I should have seen this before hand, but the new CMOS-220 that replaced the 200 does NOT come with a standalone power supply. You need to tap in to a 12V source. I didn't have time to figure out which wire I'll tap into, but I'll most likely just tap in to one of them connected to the NAV.

Installed my JDM Fanatic light smoke vinyls on my fog lights. Expensive little buggers, I need to make sure they're protected, lol.
Hey Nox, do you mind posting up some pics of your new Kenwood Reverse Camera setup please! :)

61 - 80 of 366 Posts