IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

no winter isssues....it's 5-w30 for god sakes, there's no way it can be too thick...it's exactly on spec with what Subaru recommends!! lol

Well, honestly, whatever oil works and is available. And just watch it carefully to see if it burns. Since owning my car I have used rotella (about 25k km) and never had any oil loss or blow by or wtv. Oil is always at the same level as it was when I changed the oil.

As for the amsoil, if I were you, I'd just order 3 oil change worth of oil, save the 25% on it with the membership, and you're good for a year or a bit longer. No stress. I usually stock up on 2-3 containers of rotella when it's on sale, I always have more for the next oil change. Sometimes I just happen to be in wal-mart or Crappy Tire and see it on sale so fore myself to buy a few lol

Alright, good stuff! Subaru also recommends Mobile 1, but it's not the best as it runs thinner than what it's advertised which is why it's bad. Then again, I'm nearing 100k with the bulk oil so I have a bit of hesitation to switch as apparently it's working for my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for that lo

LP has been using Redline oil for years in their race cars! It is a very good oil from what I've red myself (and I'm pretty OCD believe me)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Well, after a fail yesterday, finally a victory today!

I wasn't able to detach the old clutch line without potentially stripping the hard line nut. Cheap tools ftl. I'll be getting it done this Thursday including a flush swap to some Motul goodness.

Installed the Group N power steering cooler today!

I still kept the stock location. I lowered the Hellas using the brackets that came with them originally.

Simon, this one is for you! My blue hellas used to pop through even though I have the thick Grillcraft grill. They could be seen easily, but not anymore. You should try lowering them. Using two brackets puts them right behind the bumper beam., and they're still loud. :)

Converted Group N piping to AN fittings

Fully connected!

Flushed my fluids, burped succesfully and upgraded to Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF.

While removing the intake, I noticed my filter was pretty neglected... Ooooops! Acceleration is sooo much smoother, lesson learned! Take this as a reminder to check yours. :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Well, after a fail yesterday, finally a victory today!

I wasn't able to detach the old clutch line without potentially stripping the hard line nut. Cheap tools ftl. I'll be getting it done this Thursday including a flush swap to some Motul goodness.

Installed the Group N power steering cooler today!

I still kept the stock location. I lowered the Hellas using the brackets that came with them originally.

Image Link

Simon, this one is for you! My blue hellas used to pop through even though I have the thick Grillcraft grill. They could be seen easily, but not anymore. You should try lowering them. Using two brackets puts them right behind the bumper beam., and they're still loud. :)

Image Link

Converted Group N piping to AN fittings

Image Link

Fully connected!

Image Link

Flushed my fluids, burped succesfully and upgraded to Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF.

While removing the intake, I noticed my filter was pretty neglected... Ooooops! Acceleration is sooo much smoother, lesson learned! Take this as a reminder to check yours. :)

Image Link

Nice Chris :D

The horns look great hidden in that spot hehe

Very clean job with the oil cooler!!

Yeah, you better clean that filter more often. Every oil change is optimal!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Participated in a treasure hunt rally today. We wanted to go solo, but they said we should pair up as it would be complicated enough to require a navigator. It was a pure navigation rally where your goal is to finish with zero points. We decided to pair up in my friend's Mazdaspeed3. I was the navigator, no pressure, hah. We finished with 6 points as we were 3mins early on the first control point, and 3mins late to our final location. We arrived in the parking lot right on time but we didn't know we had to find the end spot to turn in. :rofl: We finished in first place! Second place came in at 7 points and the others were 30+ points behind, lol!

We're starting to like these rallys more than our track days! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Looking good buddy! Are you coming to halifax for the ECS fall cruise? :)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Excellent journal, list of mods, and list of mods to come.

Can't wait too see how it progresses.

Also great to see another montreal subaru enthusiast (not like there is a shortage lol).

You'll have to try to join Evan, Simon, Teo and I next time we have a mini meet :)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Also great to see another montreal subaru enthusiast (not like there is a shortage lol).

You'll have to try to join Evan, Simon, Teo and I next time we have a mini meet :)

No, No... It's ok, Don't mind me :(

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

LoL, aww, now I feel bad.

I just didn't drop the your name as I question how worthy we are of having the legendary Marc and his LP700 at our small gatherings. Perhaps one day we will be so blessed. Rest assured I will continue to invite you in the hopes that one day we see you roll up in the phoenix. Sadly I have been out of the loop the last couple meets, the Lachute gathering included, as I had my bachelor party in Vegas that weekend (epic), and am getting married in early October. Hopefully we can squeeze in another casual meet before the winter shows up.​

I will be at Lachute monday around 10am for some basic maintenance, and to caress your car...

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

Oh and SimonQC pointed out that you, Nox, are from Moncton, not Montreal. Dunno why I made that assumtion :confused:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

LoL, aww, now I feel bad.

I just didn't drop the your name as I question how worthy we are of having the legendary Marc and his LP700 at our small gatherings. Perhaps one day we will be so blessed. Rest assured I will continue to invite you in the hopes that one day we see you roll up in the phoenix. Sadly I have been out of the loop the last couple meets, the Lachute gathering included, as I had my bachelor party in Vegas that weekend (epic), and am getting married in early October. Hopefully we can squeeze in another casual meet before the winter shows up.​

Image Link

I will be at Lachute monday around 10am for some basic maintenance, and to caress your car...
Image Link

Yup, I was asking everyone if they had seen yea ... To no avail :mad: :lol:

"the legendary Marc and his LP700R" <-- What a bunch of hogwash !!! :rolleyes:

Same as all of you, same passion/addiction... just miss diagnosed as "non-severe treat to his health )

Anyways ... I do have my D/D ... and it's a force to be reckoned with :lol:

2007 matrix bone stock ( I rule ! ) :D

Car or no car... I just love being around people who share the same passion

+ I don't ( absolutely ) need my car to make the effort to come out and chill with a bunch a great people

So yea, Keep inviting... Preeze !

@ Lachute to caress my car... Cool!! The micro-fibre rag is on the back seat :lol:

PS: Sorry for the H-Jack, Nox )

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Looking good buddy! Are you coming to halifax for the ECS fall cruise? :)

Sure am! Can't wait. Hopefully the weather will be nice! It'll be a great weekend to drive around the two provinces enjoying the fall colors.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

Oh and SimonQC pointed out that you, Nox, are from Moncton, not Montreal. Dunno why I made that assumtion :confused:

Because you damn quebecers think there's just water east of la belle province!

Haha I kid, I kid! Maybe it's my current inclination towards Lachute? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Thanks for the vote of confidence, appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Car was professionally detailed yesterday to have it properly done before winter. Double duty as we did a photoshoot! :)

Cluth SS line and fluid flush done today!

I'm still debating on what to do next. I might just pull off and leave it as is for this season. The Podi gauges are coming soon so that'll be plenty to keep me busy. I'm still waiting on my custom SMY cluster. Yanev is working really hard to match my existing alcantra to ensure I can keep that sexyness flowing. Hopefully we can get the match and have the cluster in hand once the gauges ship!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Pooorrrrrrrrnnnnn!

Upgraded my rear turn signal bulbs again. I noticed when I switched from the red out vinyl outline to the full 35% smoke tint that the turn signal didn't seem as bright as it did. I think the red out outline was creating a focus point with the color variation. I upgraded my 60x SMD LED to a 10x 15W SMD w/ 50W Cree Projector. HUGE difference!

Raised my HIDs at the same time. I'm sure someone must have messed with it before. I can't believe I drove with them like that all winter last year. They were almost 2ft (@25ft) lower than what they're supposed to be. I can finally use my 5 adjustment levels properly for different driving conditions.

41 - 60 of 366 Posts