IW STi Forum banner

341 - 360 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Tuning's done! :)

The car's running awesome. The torque is a lot of fun. It runs beautifully. I really love the exhaust note still, it sounds refined. No complaints here. Thanks again to Shinji for all his hard work!!

We peaked at 318awhp & 353awtq.

From there, we dialed it down to have a safety margin to 309awhp and 346awtq.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Tuning's done! :)

The car's running awesome. The torque is a lot of fun. It runs beautifully. I really love the exhaust note still, it sounds refined. No complaints here. Thanks again to Shinji for all his hard work!!

We peaked at 318awhp & 353awtq.

Image Link

From there, we dialed it down to have a safety margin to 309awhp and 346awtq.

Image Link
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work on your car! :)

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
I keep forgetting Canada is a whole new level of cold. Can't imagine it being so cold that windshield washer fluid freezes. :)

Yeah. Actually that happened to the STI two years ago. Froze both motors on the tank. I drove it for a week when the temps warmed, but engine heat wasn't enough. I had to take out the heat gun and and a mini-torche. It had been -40C + wind chill for two weeks straight, and the car was parked for almost a week straight. From what I could figure out, I had some bug repellent fluid left in the tank, and it diluted the -40 fluid enough to freeze. I use -40 fluid year round now, lol.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #348

130k km (~80k miles) with 12k km (~7.5k miles) / 12 months on the new motor.

It’s running perfectly on Shinji’s tune. It gets to drift around in the snow every morning. Not so much with the warm temps lately. Quite the difference in power for drifting. I had to adjust my throttle use a little bit to get used to the extra power. My son loves the Corsa/EWG, smiling every time he hears me step on it. I always hear a “vroom vroom” or a “yaaaa” in the back each time, hehe. The EWG open dump is there to stay. I don’t see myself muffling it any time soon. I’ll see how it is this summer, but with the windows up it’s really enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Jeez I just broke 70ish recently. :lol:
yeah well, some of us DAILY DRIVE our cars YEAR ROUND to a workplace that is not 10 seconds from our place of residence :lol: aah well, all the more reason to get a new car :p least in my case haha

Many on the American side running the same number of MILES on their car and still in good shape. Pretty sure you guys still have lots of life left in those cars.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Car’s still running great. Daily driven every day. I don’t think I’ll ever lose my grin every time that Corsa comes on. Wowzahs, it’s perfect.

Our first East Coast Subaru meet of the year is 7.5 weeks away, the East Coast Subaru Spring Rally 2018. If you’re on the East Coast, Maine, or in the Canadian Central or Atlantic timezones, come join us! This is the biggest Subaru meet east of Quebec, and it happens twice per year! I’m one of the organizers, send me a PM if you have a question. It’s in Moncton, New Brunswick again this spring.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #355 (Edited)
I never realized I hadn’t updated in a while!

Shortly after the last update, the bracket holding my Perrin Alternator shroud broke at the bend. We took it off and rewelded it.

Winter pic, March 23rd 2018

East Coast Subaru Spring Rally 2018, May 12th, 2018

East Coast Subaru Fall Rumble 2018, September 22nd, 2018

2018 was a good year for the car. No issues other then the bracket. First full year since I bought it in 2013 without new mods or maintenance being required!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Now onto 2019...

February 2019

We meet with our realtor to check how the market is in our area. We end up putting it for sale a week later, the sold sign is up a week later, and the buyer wanted to move in fast so another week later the closing. We couldn’t find anything to buy, so we decided to build new. Moved into a rental until August, so all my tools/stuff are packed up.

The welds on the bracket holding the Perrin Alternator shrouds break off. I zip tie the shroud as tight as I can to get through winter. No time to deal with it with everything going on.

March 2019

Start seeing my AF learning 1’s creep deeper into the negatives every day, eventually capping at -25. It would somewhat settle up around -10 when it got warmer, but as soon the cold came around, it would just go back down. Checked all hoses, etc, everything was tight and in order. Still not much time to troubleshoot at this point so I let it go.

April 2019

Car starts to surge at idle and became twitchy, AF learning 1 still out of whack. Checked the hoses, everything’s all good again. I finally clue in to check my MAF. It looked in good shape for being just replaced in 2016. I cleaned it out with MAF cleaner. Reset my ECU, and the car came back to life instantly. I’m going to be adding a MAF clean at every oil changes or tire change from now on. This is the second time the MAF has caused this issue for me, first time it was a bad MAF and now a dirty MAF.

PSA: Clean your MAF regularly!!

May 2019

Zip ties broke/slide off for the Alt shroud. Removed it entirely. Ordered and received a new bracket, but haven’t had time to install it yet.

New Work wheel center caps. These are the flat type. I much prefer the look of these.

We also had our East Coast Subaru Spring Rally 2019. No pics this year.

June 2019

My clutch started creaking two days ago. Ooooh great, my firewall welds let go. Now I need to figure out when/where I’ll be fixing that all while building a house and working 60 hours a week and family time in there. Fun times.

I knew going on 2 years that it was going too good to be true!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Did you verify the welds were broken? I just had the same issue, ended up being the pedal assembly cracked. I was glad it was just that. I welded it while it was in the car, but it ended up cracking again (not to my surprise) So when I got back from vacation, I pulled the assembly and put a new one in along with the ITS brace.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Did you verify the welds were broken? I just had the same issue, ended up being the pedal assembly cracked. I was glad it was just that. I welded it while it was in the car, but it ended up cracking again (not to my surprise) So when I got back from vacation, I pulled the assembly and put a new one in along with the ITS brace.

I’m going to be looking into it. I was planning to find a garage and remove the wiper assembly to check the welds. I’m kind of in limbo at this rental until I move in to the new house. I don’t really have a place to work on the car here. Glad were only living here for 5 months. The driveway is pretty steep and all my tools are semi-packed away. I’m also tempted to let it go for a couple months until we move in.

My brake pedal moves back when I press in the clutch which leads me to believe it’s the entire firewall that’s flexing. Did it do that when yours was just the clutch assembly?

I’m definitely planning to get the ITS bracket. I have the brake and clutch cylinder bracing, so may as well brace on the inside too.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I’m going to be looking into it. I was planning to find a garage and remove the wiper assembly to check the welds. I’m kind of in limbo at this rental until I move in to the new house. I don’t really have a place to work on the car here. Glad were only living here for 5 months. The driveway is pretty steep and all my tools are semi-packed away. I’m also tempted to let it go for a couple months until we move in.

My brake pedal moves back when I press in the clutch which leads me to believe it’s the entire firewall that’s flexing. Did it do that when yours was just the clutch assembly?

I’m definitely planning to get the ITS bracket. I have the brake and clutch cylinder bracing, so may as well brace on the inside too.
Yeah, my brake pedal deflected toward the clutch pedal upon pressing the clutch. I would pop your head under there real quick. At least it gives you a better idea of what's happening. I'll see if I can post my video.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Hmm Tapatalk doesn’t appear to support videos lol

But here’s a pic of it, this is directly next to where the slave cylinder attaches to the whole assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

341 - 360 of 367 Posts