IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Re: IWSTI ABS License Plate Frames? (Pics) ***Update 11/24/07***

subscribed to buy...alot of sti owners out there that live here and havent heard of this forum...i think this will make them more friendlier the next time we encounter each other on the road

·
Registered
858 Posts

Ready to buy as well...Design looks awsome, and looks like it doesnt block anything on the plate!

I vote for 2 hole, i dont even think my STi has 4 holes in the rear

·
Extra thug sauce please
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Yeah 2 holes FTW... the STi does not have 4 holes, plus making 4 holes would ruin my design:D Anyway, i appreciate you making these a reality Kevin, I think these will give IWSTI a chance to grow even more. I am glad i could contribute!:tup::tup:

-Shaun

·
Registered
566 Posts

Kudos to both of you. This is why we have such a great community.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

I am guessing the STi logo will be more towards the real color, no?

·
Registered
204 Posts

I have received responses to my requests for imformation.

The type of license plate that everybody likes is custom molded to make the IWSTI letters stand out. The ones that are not molded cost substantially less, but are not as cool and I doubt as many people would be interested in them. Also, we can offer a two hole and four hole design (However, if I recall, the STI only sports two mounting points in the front and rear).

I am waiting for final pricing to have these shipped to me, but currently the prospective pricing for the plates is:

$12.99

JTuned sells the same custom molded plate for $10.00 plus shipping and tax. Those guys sell a lot more than we have even members on the site.

JTuned - JSpec / JDM Automotive Online Magazine - Goods

Looks good but that would block registration "TABS"--ie (DEC.--'07).....at least in MN anyways.....don't you guys have tabs? If there blocked they get pissy.....

·
Registered
858 Posts

Looks good but that would block registration "TABS"--ie (DEC.--'07).....at least in MN anyways.....don't you guys have tabs? If there blocked they get pissy.....
The lil pieces for the bolts dont block CA registration stickers..every licence plate ive seen has those and never block the stickers

·
Registered
204 Posts

The lil pieces for the bolts dont block CA registration stickers..every licence plate ive seen has those and never block the stickers

They don't block CA. reg. but they do MN. CA. is on the top and MN. is on the bottom....come on who designed this:rolleyes: haha just kidding, but the above plate would block MN. reg.

CA.>>>
http://www.aaroads.com/license_plates/images/ca-5bbm299.jpg

MN.>>>
http://www.entomology.umn.edu/chironomidae/images/1License.jpg

JUST A THOUGHT........

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

They don't block CA. reg. but they do MN. CA. is on the top and MN. is on the bottom....come on who designed this:rolleyes: haha just kidding, but the above plate would block MN. reg.

CA.>>>

MN.>>>

JUST A THOUGHT........
Unfortunately, you cant satisfy everybody. If Kevin can market this to those in the 45 states with top stickers, and the people in the other 5 states who choose to "push their luck", he's better off than the majority of the product ventures out there.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

Would it be possible to make the STI portion look more like the official STi?

Damn SOA :(

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts

Unfortunately, you cant satisfy everybody. If Kevin can market this to those in the 45 states with top stickers, and the people in the other 5 states who choose to "push their luck", he's better off than the majority of the product ventures out there.
For those that fear their local police, they can install them on the front of their vehicles.

·
Registered
858 Posts

CA.>>>

MN.>>>

JUST A THOUGHT........

i stand corrected..

Outa all the outa state plates ive seen, ive never seen the tag stickers on the bottom, and ive never seen a licence plate frame differently designed than how the IWSTI abs one looks either

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts

I am already reviewing the designs they are sending for comfirmation...shouldn't be much longer until i receive an actual plastic mockup.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Its not really satisfying me as it is the law in MN, Its no BIGGEY just an observation, which could be designed out with cutouts on the right and left but thats neither here nor there, MN might get Legally iffy frames but we still get SNOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts

That second one would work in MN, but looks like the legally iffy one is being produced although it looks the BEST, the partially cut-out text is nice. I'd probably still buy it, they wouldn't be able to chase an STI in Snow anyhow:lol:.....now if I only had my STI:( patience is a virtue i'm told, i'll get the frame when I get the car......

·
Registered
204 Posts

:eek: WOW sorry to thread jack here but I keep thinking of stuff......

...funny we were installing an Injen CAI and Motodyne plenum spacer on my friends 350z, and it had come with an INJEN license frame....we mounted it for fun, but being from the great northern MN it blocked the tabs....make sense I guess since most tuner companies are East or West.

I just want to say Great Job and hey at least we can all get the IWSTI window decals right?

....course it wouldn't be good to get a 3 foot accross "IWSTI" in the rear window:lol:

....Ricky Bobby: "This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons!."

41 - 60 of 142 Posts