IW STi Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I traded my 2007 Silver BBS wheels for some 2013 BBS gold wheels what do yall think?

Got rid of the crappy stock door speakers and can finally hear the radio. It was pretty damn easy I just used the factory speaker brackets in the front and cut the speakers out and put some 6.5" in them and the rear I took out just enough metal out of the door to fit the new 6.5" straight into the door.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks. This is something I would love to do... I would love to create an STI Forester XT Sleeper....Im curious to know the costs as a DIY and how much I would have to pay someone to create my sleeper...

I think I will be able to do a stockish build on the STi motor with just some forged pistons and a little money at the machine shop plus a vf48 turbo for under $2k doing the wrenching myself. I just bought a used Perrin FMIC for $500 and i will be looking for a V3 AP for around $500 and yes I know I don't need the AP I just like it. So doing this myself and not running into any snags I should be able to finish this for a little over $15k if I'm lucky but knowing me I will be upgrading the whole time and end up around the $20k mark. As far as paying someone I wouldn't even want to know what a shop would charge but if you want me to build one for you I'm sure we can cut a deal.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Picked up my wheels from the powdercoater today and I have to say they look so much better then they did when they was gold!!!!!!!

and a before picture

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I figured I would get started on fitting the Perrin FMIC to the car while the new sport bumper was not painted so I wouldn't have to worry about scratching it up. The bumper beam doesn't fit at all so I am going to have to do a little welding to the beam itself and I will post pictures whenever I get that done. But anyway the kids and I didn't have much to do last weekend so here are some pictures of the little bit of work we got done.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I bought some JDM Forester STi taillights last week and installed them on the car. The weird thing about them is that the left side didn't have a hole for the bottom brake light. I guess it's because they use the right side bottom light for a rear fog light but it was a easy fix. I just drilled it out and cut the notches out with a box blade and the bulb fits like a glove.
before

after

Left side taillight before I drilled out the hole for the bulb

and after

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got my sport bumper from the body shop and it looks like I have a new car. It looks soooooo much better then the old bumper.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well I got a call from a buddy of mine about something he found at a local flea market. He managed to find a Yakima basket. cross bars and mounts behind an old dresser so he took some pictures of it and sent them to me. The asking price was only $225 so I figured I would go and pick it up even if the mounts was not the right ones for the fozzy. I ended up driving to the flea market yesterday and tried them on the car and damn if they alomst fit pefectly. I went back into the market and asked them what their lowest price was and she told me $150 :) I think I got a hell of a deal and I love how it looks on the car!!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Well I've been busy and I forgot all about updating my thread sorry guys. So far I've bought a new stage 2 tuff short block from IAG, Skunk2 72mm throttle, Unorthodox racing pulleys, Moroso coolant tank, I've had a few things powder coated and I bought some new wheels.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I fitted the Flat 4 Motorsports fuel rails to the intake today just messing around and damn it looks good

21 - 35 of 35 Posts