IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it all started with a 200k mIle 2007 Forester x that I bought for $3,200 on 2/12/14
It is a 5 speed and was supposed to be my work car and then I ran into a deal on a wrecked 2007 STi and thats where the money started to disappear.

First and most important mod is the avengers bobble heads

And secondly the 2007 sti

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It almost makes me sad to take a sti apart but it's for a good cause

Free Invidia exhaust :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have swapped out the trans, suspension, front and rear subframes, clutch and brake master cylinders, brakes and the center console

And yes it's a NA forester with a 6 speed and Brembos but that will all change as soon as I rebuild the sti motor. I picked up some Evo Recaro seats that already had Planted seat brackets for a wrx last week

I also picked up some jdm sliding rear seats from a member on here las night

Had to take the exhaust to the muffler shop to get longer hangers welded on but it was a free exhaust so I didn't mind paying $50

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The easy part is done now I have to build the motor that came with the STi and swap the wiring harness. Then I can start moding her

·
Registered
883 Posts
So sick, I'm quite envious! I have been dreaming about doing a full STI swaped Forester ever since buying my first STI in 04"! Good luck with the rest of the build, I will be keeping an eye on this one for sure!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and I forgot I am swapping all the forester crap into the sti and thinking about building me a mud buggy. If I do it will be lifted a little more and I will just fab up some kind of core support to hold the rad and try and find my a junk yard bumper and hood. I think it will be pretty fun.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys I will try and keep everything up to date with this build. I think the rear seats and rails will be in next week so hopefully I will remember to take alot of pictures of the install and how to weld in the spacers needed. I also have to find somewhere to buy new carpet for this car!!!! The driver side floor board carpet has holes in it from foot wear and I want to change the color to black. Also just a side note the Evo Recaro seats that I just put in the forester has spoiled me and now every time I drive the STi I can't stand the way the seats feel.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All this and its just a little old NA forester. I can't wait to get the STi motor built!!!!!

Oh and who needs a truck when you got a fozzy? I went and picked up a Honda F22b with a transmission and took it home in the back of the fozz

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well had a busy weekend but got alot of stuff done to the fozzy. I had the windows tinted 32% on the front two windows and 15% on the rest. I also got the JDM rear seats installed with some help from my cousin that works at a machine shop. He cut some 1" round stock steel to make six spacers then drilled and tapped them and welded them to the floor board. I still need to take the rails up so I can paint the bare metal so I will get some better pictures later. The seats work great and feel freaking awesome.

Oh yeah my mechanic stopped by and started to clean up the STi motor to get it ready for the build

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well it all started with a 200k mIle 2007 Forester x that I bought for $3,200 on 2/12/14
It is a 5 speed and was supposed to be my work car and then I ran into a deal on a wrecked 2007 STi and thats where the money started to disappear.

[URL=http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/sjcurtis/Screenshot_2015-03-06-21-39-08.png]Image Link
[/URL]

First and most important mod is the avengers bobble heads
[URL=http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/sjcurtis/20150322_170047.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]
And secondly the 2007 sti
[URL=http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/sjcurtis/20150326_014924.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]
Thanks. This is something I would love to do... I would love to create an STI Forester XT Sleeper....Im curious to know the costs as a DIY and how much I would have to pay someone to create my sleeper...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts