IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure this has been discused many times but... few days ago i got my AP and did the stage 2, 93 oct hw map. i drove around for a day and tried not to get on it WOT right away i took it easy. but i did some runs today and i'm only hitting 15.8-16psi at the end of 5 and 6th gears 2nd and 3rd i would get about 12.0-12.5psi and 4th i would see 13-14psi.

i don't understand why. Cobb map notes say that target is 17.5 +- but i'm not near that. is the ECU pulling back boost? should i just give it more time?

my mods are listed in my sig.

any help

Russ

·
Registered
342 Posts
Probably has a lot to do with the fact you have a front mount. You're going to blow up your engine running the stage 2 shelf map. Good luck.

tatarin said:
i'm sure this has been discused many times but... few days ago i got my AP and did the stage 2, 93 oct hw map. i drove around for a day and tried not to get on it WOT right away i took it easy. but i did some runs today and i'm only hitting 15.8-16psi at the end of 5 and 6th gears 2nd and 3rd i would get about 12.0-12.5psi and 4th i would see 13-14psi.

i don't understand why. Cobb map notes say that target is 17.5 +- but i'm not near that. is the ECU pulling back boost? should i just give it more time?

my mods are listed in my sig.

any help

Russ

·
Registered
833 Posts
dang dude you have all those mods with no protune?? call cobb tomorrow to see what they think of the situation and your mods..but i would be getting it tuned ASAP:tup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know i will be getting a protune this week... was thinking about the PDX custom map. But how would me having a front mount will blow up my motor. i could see how because of my front mount i'm not getting my boost...because of all the piping.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Having the front mount changes all the boost, fueling and timing properties. You're running a map designed for a top mount. I've seen a 05 wrx with a front mount running a stage 2 map. The baseline run was VERY lean.

tatarin said:
I know i will be getting a protune this week... was thinking about the PDX custom map. But how would me having a front mount will blow up my motor. i could see how because of my front mount i'm not getting my boost...because of all the piping.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZuMBLe said:
Having the front mount changes all the boost, fueling and timing properties. You're running a map designed for a top mount. I've seen a 05 wrx with a front mount running a stage 2 map. The baseline run was VERY lean.
i see... earlier this morning i put in a request form to PDX, listing all the mods i have...hopefully PDX can help me out with their custom map.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts