IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Oh please no....don't be talking about one of those damn black bras or one of those spaceship-looking plastic guards.

If you want real protection (that won't hurt the paint as much as it protects), look into a clear bra. Many of us have them.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I am getting my StonGard(clear bra) installed today. :D I will post pics.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am with you on the clear bra, I will be getting one; the nose mask is for track events, I do not like to put the racers tape on the nose of the hood as it sticks bad once it gets hot. And the STi nose gets really hot even in normal driving :-?

·
Registered
29 Posts
interestingly enough, the black bra normally available for this body style is, according to SOA, NOT for the STi or WRX. 3 different subaru dealers couldn't explain why that is, just that they say don't use it. they do, however, have a new hard plastic nose piece that reminds me of a bug deflector for trucks. that piece IS recommended for the STi and WRX by SOA. odd.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well CloneGTS.... I know you won't like but it looks good on my STI.

I invested in the Hood Protector - hard plastic piece... and it looks real sharp on my ride. I will post pics later....

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Up from the dead.

I'm looking to get a nose mask to use for the winters, are they available now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh please no....don't be talking about one of those damn black bras or one of those spaceship-looking plastic guards.

If you want real protection (that won't hurt the paint as much as it protects), look into a clear bra. Many of us have them.
Clear plastic masks turn yellow after a few years due to UV rays. They look terrible and once they turn colors its very difficult to remove them. I own a body shop and would only recommend clear if your car is garage kept.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clear bras unfortunately turn yellowish after a couple of years of UV exposure. As I own a detail and body shop, I would only recommend clear bras for cars that are garage kept most of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts