IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. . . I'm gald to see people responding to the roll call. . . .

Figured I'd open up a thread so we can talk amongst ourselves for other reasons.

It's been great to see STi's in the Seattle area. Every time I see one, I'm like. . . "YES! I'll be one of those guys in a few more weeks!" :lol:

A guy named Mike just picked up a black one with (I think) silver wheels about a month ago at Carter. . . I was on my way there to show my girlfriend that one (as I had seen it there the day before) . . . and what do we see at the light just before the dealership? Mike, driving the thing off the lot! :eek:

I was like "NOOOOO!" I wanted to show Laurel the STi, especially since they haven't had any at the dealerships to drool over in the Olympia area much.

So we go to the Bothell Burgermaster that night (it was a Saturday) where all the local musclecar guys come to meet up and shoot the bull every weekend. . . and there's Mike's new STi. . .just sitting there. :p Was an interesting day, indeed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is kind of random, but it got my heart pumping:

Well, ABS saved my life again last night. I was heading home around 11:00 pm, hauling ass as usual, when I came around a sharp bend and came face to face with a deer. She froze, I didn't.

I wasn't very far away from the deer when my reactions kicked in and I stabbed the brake pedal. Had I maintained my course, I would have a deer's head marring my 900 mile old STi. I swerved violently on the wet road and corrected after getting around the deer. The rear end tried to step out and I had to get off the brakes and into the throttle to maintain any control.

As many of you have discovered, the tires on the STi are not great in the wet. That being said, this was my first instance of having the car at it's limits, and I was very impressed! Very catchable and predictable. Again, I am reminded why I am a True Believer in AWD and ABS!

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! A happy ending to an otherwise depressing situation. :D

I need to get a set of wheels to wrap my S03s around. OH! And I think I saw my car on a truck headed to the dealership yesterday afternoon! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts