IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in N. NJ (Passaic County) and am currently looking into getting a STI in the next 2 months. I have read topics on different forum boards for a while now but i had some questions for NJ people.
Do you get extra attention from police (getting pulled over and followed for no reason) ppl always trying to race you and driving like dicks by you to try and get you to race? Theft??? i read the other post about the tri state theft, but im wondering about Northern NJ areas, how has it been overall?

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
i dont own a STi yet, but one of my friends(not on this forum) does. police have looked at him but havent followed him as such... and yes he gets people wanting to race but not all the time... last one was some kid in a 1.8T jetta :D most driving he does it along route 17 thou. As for theft, he owned a wrx b4 the STi and never had anyone try to steal either but he doesnt live in north jersey works here, he actually lives in NY state. so the police is pretty much the only thing i can comment on from his car...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in NNJ and have had my STi for several months now. I have not had any issues with the police to my surprise. My town and the neighboring communities are teaming with police that are just waiting to give someone a ticket. I get looks but that is all. I have been very anxious to put my Blitz Nur Spec R on but I wanted to see what kind of response I got just from the car first. I think once the Blitz exhaust goes on it might be a little different.

As far as racing is concerned it is a new adventure almost every other day. I enjoy it though and have my fun(within moderation of course) :wink: . There are a ton of ricers around here so I expected it.

The theft issue is getting way out of hand. There are Subes being stolen left and right all the time. It's BS and hopefully it will stop soon but for now it is crazy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys... another o.k. night...

I have had my STi for a few month now also.. it sure got much less attention from cops compare to my old MR2.. but I still bought V-1 for it anyway.. took a 30 min drive to visit my sister, V-1 registered 3 radar and 2 laser shots..real ones, so I would say they do pay attention.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As for ricer-racers... I get them tailing me and wanting to race me in my '92 SVX!!! I've had to open a can of whoopass on the GSP a few times to show em what a near 100K subie can do ;)

Ricers are everywhere!
Most of the time I give em a look like "you gotta be kidding me, you aren't even worth my time, punk"

-mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts