IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15 STi which I just replaced all the wheel hubs on. Everything went well but now i have a rattling noise (fairly loud) when going over bumps.

I was driving tonight and when i would lightly apply the brakes, and it wouldn’t make the noise.

I’m at a loss, I took the wheels back off and made sure everything was torqued down properly and tight.

I’m going to take the brakes off today (if my new jack comes) front and back and clean and lube everything up.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
check suspension bolts too if you havent already. to install the new hubs the struts will often come off (you may already know this, if you did it yourself). but i'd check the tophats first as the bumps will allow those to move if not properly torqued, but will stay on the chassis if the road is flat due to the weight of the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check suspension bolts too if you havent already. to install the new hubs the struts will often come off (you may already know this, if you did it yourself). but i'd check the tophats first as the bumps will allow those to move if not properly torqued, but will stay on the chassis if the road is flat due to the weight of the car.
So i took it all the wheels off today, and i noticed that the driver side rear caliper was loose. come to find out the bolt sheered off, and i tapped out of the caliper and put a new bolt in, and problem solved. No more noise. THAT was crazy!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts