IW STi Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
3rd day driving the car :)

So far so good, the cabin is HELLA loud. but i still have all my tools inside the car and zero interior. I will be working on that this week, a good clean up and start putting the interior back in.

I'm pretty sure i have a vacuum leak around the intake manifold, i will swap in new metal manifold gaskets instead of the plastic ones and see if that was the issue.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
finished 300 miles on the car last night.

im having trouble with heat on idle after a few minutes or very slow traffic but zero troubles when moving.

averaging around 12MPG thanks to this cold (-20C weather) we have over the last week.... ?

·
Registered
693 Posts
leaning out at what sort of load psi? I'll tell you that you will need a larger pump probably than the 340 you have. Good thing you got the radium hangar. I'd suggest a walbro 450. you should be able to have the 340 toggled on a Hobbs switch. there may also be another way to trigger it. so running 2 pumps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
leaning out at what sort of load psi? I'll tell you that you will need a larger pump probably than the 340 you have. Good thing you got the radium hangar. I'd suggest a walbro 450. you should be able to have the 340 toggled on a Hobbs switch. there may also be another way to trigger it. so running 2 pumps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I should update my OP - I'm currently running a Walbro 450 and a 2nd 450 currently on the way to me.

Running out at 15psi, which makes zero sense.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had a similar issue and it turns out, my 450 was bad.

I am running a Radium hanger with a single hardwired walbro 450 and at 28-29 psi it was leaning out really bad(14:1 AFR)
After a bunch of troubleshooting, i decided to just swap the pump out to test and I was back to normal AFRs.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Long time no updates.

I found a wild deal on a Xr8267 so I snagged it.

Now I have both 450 pumps in the hanger. I will be changing the primary pump to a 525 and then having the 2nd 450 kick on via a Hobbs switch.

Fuelling has been upgraded to 8AN feed line and 10AN return line.

Car still leaning out going into boost (running 1 pump). I will be swapping out the aeromotive FPR to something else to see if this is the issue. I did hook up my 150psi fuel pressure sensor, just have to wire it up now to track .

·
Registered
693 Posts
Long time no updates.

Car still leaning out going into boost (running 1 pump). I will be swapping out the aeromotive FPR to something else to see if this is the issue. I did hook up my 150psi fuel pressure sensor, just have to wire it up now to track .
I went with a fore Innovations fuel regulator on the recommendation of my tuner. My fuel pressure is rock solid. F2i Fuel Pressure Regulator

·
Registered
693 Posts
hey i just saw that you have cts-v brakes on it. Do they clear 18's are they wider than stock brembos? I'm thinking that may be my next upgrade, but I want to know if they fit.. if they need a bracket, and any other associated information.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I believe I finally found the issue.

After turbo swap, the battery light and rear diff started flickering then went away few minutes later.

Yesterday it became more apparent so I started logging battery voltage and behold 11.5volts at all RPMs.

Now it’s barely keeping them battery in the high 10s. Ordered a high output alternator (200A), then I’ll diagnose fuelling some more IF that’s not the problem.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
hey i just saw that you have cts-v brakes on it. Do they clear 18's are they wider than stock brembos? I'm thinking that may be my next upgrade, but I want to know if they fit.. if they need a bracket, and any other associated information.
It needs a bracket to be made.

18’s in terms of diameter are okay, but you do need a little more offset.

It barely clears my 10jj +32

61 - 79 of 79 Posts