IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the fastest you've gone in your STi?

I'm just curious to find out if anyone is going spartan-style with no radio. When I got mine I thought I'd see how long I could last without a stereo...I think it was about 3 or 4 days. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm at a month and a half, and I don't even know what songs are popular anymore! It's strange because I only really listen to music in the car, but with no radio I don't think I have listened to more than perhaps 5 songs in the past month and a half, kinda strange.

But...I have the stereo all picked out, just need to save the money to pick it up, all season tires come first though....can't go sliding off the road :wink:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I could understand going without any sound if it's not your daily driver. However, mine is so I've got to have it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've gone so long without a stereo, I could be the next American Idol! :eek:
Singing in the car gets old pretty fast; especially when people at the stoplights are thinkin, "Why is this guy singing to himself? I don't think he should be driving that STi."

Oh well. At least the lack of radio "saves weight" as Subaru says. :)

TerraJumper

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I got my STi 4 days ago (really 3 days ago, I picked it up in the evening). I plan on going at least a month before adding tunes. I'm trying to get better at rev-matching during down shifts and I need all the input from the car I can get. Right now, the sound of the engine is too important to me and I don't miss the tunes at all.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am probably a good 2-3 months away from getting mine and I have already started buying stereo equipment for it!! :p

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I went about 2 months without a stereo. One thing you will notice when you get a stereo is that a lot of the rattles and noises go away, atleast you cannot hear them anymore. If I ever want to listen to that sweat pur of the engine I just turn my radio off and enjoy. I like having that option.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
WRX_STi_04 said:
I'm just curious to find out if anyone is going spartan-style with no radio. When I got mine I thought I'd see how long I could last without a stereo...I think it was about 3 or 4 days. :)
zippo, 7000 miles and still no radio... take out the silencer :) its more then enough radio.

Robert~

·
Registered
49 Posts
bought on may 22nd and to this day i have no radio.

"radio! who needs a radio?? ready Harry? Mock. yeah. ing. Yeah. Bird. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah"
^
the best movie in the world :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts