IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have that problem:notsure: i hear storys about my car everyday, its crazy

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah I have had a few people ask my why I spend so much money "tricking" out a Subaru. I just laugh and tell them I'm stock with respect to the exterior. You should see the look when I tell them that. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
no, its not about them though, i just love the mods thatll get me a better track time, which IMO is mostly time at the wheel

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got that the other day after i race a modded evo. I told them i was 100% stock and yes my stock STi just whoop you. he didn't believe my car was stock and ask me to rev her up a little bit. After that he had a sad look on his face.:lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've heard i either have a built crawford block, u-tec, cobb stage 2 map, all kinds of ecu reflash, stealth back, turbo back, dyno and street tuned by Jake at Dieman, cut-out, or down pipe and the list goes on, i dont even have a drop airfilter but i have a built block come on people, i just laugh everytime my friends that know im stock come up to me and tell about how someone heard i had this or that, its just great

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I get that all the time. Granted I have a few cosmetic pieces on my car that aren't stock, but are still OEM Subaru and it's not that stuff that the untrained eye notices anyways. I've gotten questions like, "why did you put on that big spoiler thing, what's that thing on the hood for, did you change the exhaust, is the blue interior custom, and did you paint the brakes?" The best was when one guy commented that nothing on my car is original and I told him that it was ALL original. I don't think he believed me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SubaruFlamingo said:
Full warrantee is the best part :)
my warrantee was gone before i got the car, i've been black flagged since they had to warrantee my tranny on my 04 WRX

sucks cause i've broke 3 sets of motor mounts now, 2 sets of 06's and 1 set of 05 group-n, which i was told to be unbreakable, i proved that wrong:p

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
all i have for engine is a genome, and it almost feels as if my car is slower midrange RPMS

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
the genome isnt really even an engine mod, its more of a sound mod, i just have to keep her in warranty

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
This is not off-topic. Please stick with the thread topic, thank you.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
When i got my alignment after putting my cobb springs on (which were the only mod at the time) the technician said, "man you have a lot of money." I said, "why's that?" He said, "because you must have put at least fifty thousand :)confused:) into this car." :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
At our office parking structure, there's another guy with an STi parked next to me and one of my co-workers remarked, "Hey, he bought the same body kit that's on your car." Another time, a different co-worker asked where I customized my interior. People will never know. :(

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Haha, I am Stage II and Protune with catless exhaust, and people who get in my car think it's stock. Even when they see the Defi gauges they think the car came with them...guess they match really well.

It's just because my friends at school don't care about cars at all, so they have noooo idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
^^ Haha, same thing happened to me.
I had a couple of people question if I was stock, when the car was actually stock. But I`ve actually had more people thinking that I was stock after I went Stage 2, lol. Everyone's like "you should get exhaust," lol. Cobb sleeper FTW :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Its funny, most people that know me assume I have messed with the car. That is because I went off the deep end in mods on my last car. They are usually surprised I have left it stock when I tell them. But that is because of me and not the car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts