IW STi Forum banner

No More STIs in Europe after 2018

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  jayr0ck8 
#1 · (Edited)
I know the vast majority of members are US-based, but for those of us in Europe this really sucks.

The dealer where I got my STI in spring 2015 contacted me to share the sad news that there will be no more STIs over here. In fact, he told me I should keep mine and be proud...which is a nice touch from the guy.

Anyway, here is the official press release from Subaru Deutschland. I know it's in German, but anyway.

The thing is, this is not about Germany, but the entirety of Europe, which is really sad. My plan from the get go was to sell mine in 2021 and buy the new model then...now that seems to be out of the window. :mad:

Thoughts?

#7 ·
When the 2.5 turbo hit the streets in 2008 it had 300bhp when BMW, Audi and the hot hatches had 200-230.

Now they all have 330+ bhp, emit less and use less fuel so STI sales have collapsed.

Cleaner, more powerful and fuel efficient engine and new shape and it will be back.

Needs to attract more than just the declining but loyal customer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.