IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Re: Nashcarr's 2010 STi - Killer B oil pickup and Killer B oil pan baffle installed!

I would go with the 22mm at least in the rear. A lot of people run 24mm Front and 22mm Rear. I went with 24mm F/R.

One thing to consider is to run a front bar as well and put your rear bar on the stiffest setting and see how you like it. The stiff bar on the front will help to keep the outside wheel from losing camber as it compresses.

There are a lot of theories and opinions out there wither way I’m sure Tony will steer you in the right direction, can’t wait for pics from the Dragon!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Re: Nashcarr's 2010 STi - Killer B oil pickup and Killer B oil pan baffle installed!

We went down to the Tail of the Dragon this past weekend. It was super fun, except for the fact that I hit a BLACK BEAR on the way down. I was lucky he ran into the passenger side door and the damage wasn't that bad at all. Not sure about the bear though, most likely dead. We drove some crazy roads, and we messed with a Cayman S pretty good, which was fun. I don't think he thought our cars could handle that well. If you can ever get the chance to spend a weekend here driving, it is WELL WORTH IT!

My sway set up is pretty good, but I really do think a 22mm rear sway would negate some of the body roll I dislike. Here are a few pics..

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Re: 10/30/11 Tail of the Dragon trip pics added!!!

Pat, you would love driving your car around there. It puts the KY 10 route we do to shame.

I had Kartboy front End Links installed yesterday, it took some slop out of the front end as the OEM end links are somewhat flimsy.

Next up, Crawford AOS and then a stereo/nav unit!
Someone needs to set up a Cincy Subarus meet at the dragon for the spring ... nice wheels too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Re: 2010 STi - Tail of the Dragon trip pics, 2011 Enkei winter wheels installed

A pic from Cars and Coffee this morning. For mid November in Ohio, the weather has been great!

·
Registered
14 Posts

I am in N.KY. Where is 'cars and coffee' ? Went down to the dragon this summer on the bike. Did you guys happen to drive the Cheroholla Skyway while down there? Best drive thru the mountains anywhere.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

I am in N.KY. Where is 'cars and coffee' ? Went down to the dragon this summer on the bike. Did you guys happen to drive the Cheroholla Skyway while down there? Best drive thru the mountains anywhere.
On River Road not far from Mount Lookout. Every Saturday 9-12.

Yes, we drove the Cherohola early in the morning and it was 37 degrees. Great road for sure!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Might have to check that out. Although Mt. Lookout is'nt really by River Road? Do you mean Columbia Prkwy.?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)

Might have to check that out. Although Mt. Lookout is'nt really by River Road? Do you mean Columbia Prkwy.?
No. One block south of Columbia Pkwy, I meant Riverside Drive. It goes Kellogg the other way.

Fuel Coffee
2726 Riverside Drive, Cincinnati, OH

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)

A few more Deal's Gap pictures:

My friend's 05 STi leaving behind some anti-freeze on the Skyway after blowing the head gasket.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)

Pic from yesterday's detail meet at Turn In Concepts. Please ignore the GAY Evo with the STi license plate.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

haha I noticed that in the pics you put on NASIOC, who was that guy?
Don't know him personally, but he hangs out at TiC quite a bit and I believe his family owns the Unos pizza that TiC frequents all the time.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

I am picking up some brand new Dunlop Star Specs next week, I don't need them until summer but I was offered a deal on them BRAND NEW that I couldn't turn down!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)

I just bought a NEW set of Dunlop Star Specs. Deal of the century, $400. It seems an Audi owner purchased the wrong size for his car and had them mounted (too big), the tires could not be returned since they were mounted. They have never even seen a road. I don't need them until spring but the deal was way to good to pass up.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)

Just picked up Smitty's Redline shift and parking brake boots.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

I just bought a NEW set of Dunlop Star Specs. Deal of the century, $400. It seems an Audi owner purchased the wrong size for his car and had them mounted (too big), the tires could not be returned since they were mounted. They have never even seen a road. I don't need them until spring but the deal was way to good to pass up.

Lucky Bastard :cool:

61 - 80 of 205 Posts