IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope...

So I may be closing and archiving the Anonymous forum soon. :)

Now we can open new forums: Technical (power/handling/etc), Motorsports, etc. :D

JJ

·
Registered
392 Posts
More rumors for the mill

I still havent seen any info about the new sti on any sites.... GGRRRR!!

What time are they going to let the info out?

It better be good since I am number 1 on the wait list in orlando..

·
Registered
75 Posts
What time!!

Here's my last installment..... call this the announcement before the announcement.

I was wrong about the motor....

It will be:
2.5L Turbocharged Motor
6-Speed Tranny (no Auto)
DCCD
HID Xenon headlamps
Very close, if not over....300HP
No radio, speakers, floor mats are all true....
Still stick to my $31,995.00 price

See ya after 5pm! ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I am guessing 2.5l means no twin scroll? :cry:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I guess cubic inches can help the low end torque/power just like twin scroll.
Now how about we get the twin scroll and the 2.5 l.
:)

Nick

·
Registered
886 Posts
LOL, i still can't believe the 2.5 L, if it is a 2.5 i will send you 2.5 dollars worm, as soon as you reveal yourself that is. :wink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Worm said:
Here's my last installment..... call this the announcement before the announcement.

It will be:
2.5L Turbocharged Motor
Your all wrong... in a suprise move Subaru is going to compete head to head with Ford Mustang...

It's going to be a 5.0L Supercharged Motor

·
Registered
392 Posts
it seems that the two major insiders agree now. So...
But offcourse it makes no diff since this evening it would be official.

:)

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
392 Posts
dood, if Subaru decides to go with a 2.5L engine that is really weak!!!  WRC regulations specify max engine size of 2.0L. Although this isnt the WRC, it is really an under the belt blow by Subaru...

They knew the couldnt achieve the same numbers of HP/Torque of the new USDM Evo VIII so they decided to up the engine size to compete. 

·
Registered
866 Posts
I was wondering when someone would bring up the "Subaru couldn't do it with 2.0, so they had to go to 2.5" I'll reserve further comments until we get the specs on our STi.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Under the belt blow? :roll: Why do you just seem to be concerned about the evo beating the sti? sounds a bit petty and juvenile to me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
well its obvious question. Supposing the new STi is 2.5L

Why would Subaru totally erase their WRC rally heritage of keeping it no larger than 2.0L? Maybe because they couldn't get the numbers they wanted to with their 2.0L STi, right? Its the obvious answer. Subaru was not satisified with the HP and Torque numbers they were getting in their test USDM STi 2.0L engine, so they said lets up it to a 2.5L engine and then we'll be able to compete with the new Mitsu. Simple as that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
They most likely went with the 2.5 due to US emission laws, for me I am looking seriosly into getting an STI but price is a factor for me I hope it is under 30k, if not I may just get the WRX.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anonymous said:
Supposing the new STi is 2.5L

Why would Subaru totally erase their WRC rally heritage of keeping it no larger than 2.0L?
you mean by dropping out of the WRC completely like Mitsubishi did for the 2003 season :lol:

I don't care one way or another about the fact that it's 2.5l vs. 2.0l - the power & torque will shut up anyone who claims that it's not "real" or whatever. keep in mind that it's likely to have the up-pipe cat like the WRX does, so there's a potential for a nice, easy power increase there beyond whatever we do get.

btw, in case it's not clear to anyone yet, Worm=Opie

Ben

·
Registered
176 Posts
Worm said:

It will be:
2.5L Turbocharged Motor
Very close, if not over....300HP
See ya after 5pm! ;)
Who cares about the twin scroll if we get more displacement and power. Less than 2 hours and counting :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts