IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have emailed a ton of dealers with in about a 180 mile radius of where I live and not a single one has an Aspen White STi at or below invoice. Actually not a single dealer is selling any color STi at invoice. Most of them are asking MSRP or about $500 below. This is some crap. Actually one dealer here locally did offer me one at a pretty good price, but that is b\c they had one on their lot, but it wasn’t white. I told them that I had my heart set on a white one and they said well we can get you a white one, but it will be at MSRP. Total crap. I said, no thank you.

What do you guys think? I am being realistic about what I want to pay for the car? Here is what I want.

Aspen White /gold wheels
Carbon Fiber Trim
Boost Gauge
Auto Dimming Mirror
Armrest Extension
Wheel Locks

I am willing to pay $ 30,650, which includes destination charges and all dealer fees, but not including tax, title, and tag. I seriously think that is a fair price. The dealer is still making almost a 4% profit off the sale.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you're willing to make a drive to TX, dealers around my area (Dallas/Fort Worth) had at least 6 cars each on their lot. One of them has 2 white ones according to their online inventory.

·
Registered
668 Posts
carbon fiber trim? is than an option in the sti? i dont' remember...

I think that is a fair price as well, but I guess availability in your region may make that hard. Is that the most you're willing to travel? but then again, if you add up travel time and expenses, it may be worth a couple hundred to buy locally. You can also save that much just on sales tax, depending on rates in different states and laws about which state you pay in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts