IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the GS DP in saturday and am finally getting it in today :). My mechanic is going to port out the wastegate as well to help stop boost creep problems :). So today will be a big power day. The godspeed DP is awsome. The bends are nice and smooth, the welds are beautiful, it weighs like 4 lbs (I can lift it with one finger!). It is an awsome piece through and through. I cant wait to feel the difference! :D. Here are some pictures of it. Sorry I cant get any of the turbo as Im not there while he is doing it (he had some work before hand and I didnt want to sit around as it is very cold and I didnt want to get in his way). Enjoy :)!!

Robert~

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're porting the WG, you should have kept the Blitz catback. One of the best combo, GodSpeed DP+ Blitz NurSpecR, had it on my 02' WRX. Buy back the exhaust... :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya man I know... I want to just send the guy his $400 back, but its alright , I 'll find one again. I dont have the cash for one just yet anyways and Xmas is coming up... gotta buy something for the g/f *sigh* hehe jk ;)

Robert~

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
staticx313, well? i cant take it...........HOW IS IT!! i might change from my hks downpipe if you dont hear the wastegate wapping with the godspeed dp and porting.......let us know

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holy crap.. I've never had my car's front in fly up in the air before :D... if you havent done a mod, DO THIS ONE. Its almost as poewrful as ALL of my previous mods put together. MAn it is FAST FAST FAST... had to turn the boost down a bit, but with the ported wastegate, no creep it seems... he said it was hard to port it out as the material seemed to be very tough to port... anyways he said he did the best he could (possibly 10-20% more flow) and smoothed everything and the edges and such. Anywasy, it seems much better. Doesnt feel like it wants to overboost anymore. Slammed 5th earlier and it hit 15.5 just like its supposed to. So it seemed like it worked :). Anyways its a ROCKET, man its fast... definitely awsome.

O ya, I left the heatshield off and such so you can see the turbo :D! Looks awsome. Im going to cover it in insulation when I get home :D awsome mod.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no click my link :) it'll show you all my mods. I have intake, inlet hose, crank pulley, catch can, downpipe, blitz SBC-ID spec 3 EBC, and some other little stuff. I have 3 pages of mods. So you might have seen only the one with the DP and BC on it.

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow! Thats quite a list. Was the ebc easy to install? I have the turboxs hpbc, uninstalled. Do you think it would be a wise move to hold off and get an ebc? Maybe one that will work with the utec when it comes out. I know they are quite abit more but I want to make sure I'm running the best boost controller that will protect the engine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The Turbo XS HPBC is very good. We use them often although the EBC is far better in terms of response and convenience. It is also nice to have a warning when you overboost. The SBCid turns red and beeps at you. It will also try to cut boost if it can (unless you're boost creeping).

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KSTi said:
Wow! Thats quite a list. Was the ebc easy to install? I have the turboxs hpbc, uninstalled. Do you think it would be a wise move to hold off and get an ebc? Maybe one that will work with the utec when it comes out. I know they are quite abit more but I want to make sure I'm running the best boost controller that will protect the engine.
Ya as guru said, the HPBC is nice (i had one before), but the EBC seems to respond better, be more accurate, and has all sorts of nice features. Example: 4 different channels (you can have 4 different boost settings to swap to on the fly - so if the weather/temp changes, you can change immediately to adjust to it, VERY VERY useful). It has a built in digital boost gauge with a peak boost reading! Very useful as well. Boost warning and boost limiter as well. Yes the EBC was very easy to install... took me about 20minutes the second time around guru gave me the instructions to put it on... very straight forward and easy. I would say hold off for an EBC, just because of the fact they are very nice and useful, otherwise (since you already have it) a MBC can be fine for now if you'd rather other mods. Ya the blitz sBc-id along with any EBC will work with utec im sure. and ya it will protect your engine :). Thanks guru , AWSOME mod!

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay I think I'm convinced. I like the blitz SBC-ID, but what about the Greddy E01? I plan on running the EBC with a turbo back exhaust, Blitz SUS intake and UTEC when it comes out. Will one have an advantage over the other with these modifications?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KSTi said:
Okay I think I'm convinced. I like the blitz SBC-ID, but what about the Greddy E01? I plan on running the EBC with a turbo back exhaust, Blitz SUS intake and UTEC when it comes out. Will one have an advantage over the other with these modifications?
I like the blitz setup as it seems to be very stable, and has a dual solenoid setup that can take like 35psi or something of that nature. So that way I never have to worry about upgrading. As for the E01 , I've never used it, but it kinda looks like more show then function, but hey, if it works, it works. I dont know which would have an advantage over the other, but I know the SBCID spec 3 works really well.

Robert~

heh the downpipe also added a cool sound, kinda sounds like a second turbo or BOV... nice and smooth too, I cant wait to get another blitz catback back in there :) - no wapping sound salisburyV -

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya, but if he gets utec then emanage would be useless, but you are 100% right, if he was to go that route, the e01 would be a pretty sweet combo.

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
THe E-01 is also excellent. It has a big screen for monitoring which can be good or bad depending on your needs. It does link to the E-Manage which is great as you can tune and monitor the e-manage with it BUT on top of that you can also buy an optional harness to monitor 3 other sensors on the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Robert:

Which setup do you like now:

a.) Intake + SBC-ID + stock DP + Blitz NurSpecR
Or
b.) Intake + SBC-ID + GodSpeed DP + stock catback

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I would go with choice B

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Support your local Performance Dealer

enzo said:
Robert:

Which setup do you like now:

a.) Intake + SBC-ID + stock DP + Blitz NurSpecR
Or
b.) Intake + SBC-ID + GodSpeed DP + stock catback

Thanks...
I like (OUT OF THAT LIST) B... although I hate the exhaust being so quiet, its a little harder to drive as the freeflow exhaust made it easy to drive it around. Although I AM getting a new blitz ASAP... I cant wait to hear this thing wide open :).

Robert~

·
Banned
54 Posts
heh the downpipe also added a cool sound, kinda sounds like a second turbo or BOV... nice and smooth too, I cant wait to get another blitz catback back in there :) - no wapping sound salisburyV -[/quote]

Robert--
I forgot you don't have your Cat back on any more. How do you know the porting worked? I had my GS DP on with the factory Catback and never had any creep until I put the Blitz on. You should try running without the axelback to see if you have solved the problem before you get our hopes up.
B2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts