IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock 06 STI and i wanna beef up the suspension and handling... its all stock..... i heard sway bars(front and back),strut tower,and springs but i don't wanna touch the springs b/c of the winter time...is that all to do and will this void the warrenty?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
it will not void hte warrenty

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
I'm fairly sure that sways would not void the warranty either. In any event, if something likeyour engine goes and you have a FULL suspension, subaru must prove that the suspension caused the engine to go, or you get a new engine. Thats what way our warranties work.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Easy changes that should effect your warranty, unless directly connected are F&R swaybars (go with WL, heh) then maybe some springs if you want (probably RCE or JDM Pinks ;) )

Hope that helps, happy modding!

(oh and yeah, kartboy rear endlinks are nice ;) )

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
if you change sways, springs, etc. then a strut fails, they might give make you put the stock parts back on. Other than that you are pretty safe...

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
the warranty issue is a dealer related ones. Many dealers don't care, some wont even let you change wheels. It is really within their control unless you feel like potentially fighting.

The liklihood though that the items you want (sways) will cause any issues are nill. Absolutely get rear endlinks at the same time. Springs you can chose to do or not do as you wish - it is more of a styling mod than anything else.

The rear strut brace has a noticeable impact - the front is more for looks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts