IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just created my account and I have a couple things I'd like to ask to this community.

I bought my 2018 Subaru WRX STI in 2018 and I have loved every second driving it. I have taken it to stage 1 with Cobb intake + AP + protune+ Invidia q300 catback exhaust. This setup cost me around $2,500 just to get it to this point.

With that said, I'm considering getting in to a new truck sometime soon (Hopefully a new Tacoma) and I'm not exactly sure what I should do. There are many options in regards to selling your car with upgrades. Do you guys recommend reverting back to stock and selling your aftermarket parts separately? Should I try to get more out of it in a trade-in since it has these upgrades?

I welcome any suggestions from you guys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As trade-ins, it is very unlikely that you will get more money because of aftermarket mods. In fact, it gives dealerships more reason to take more money off the table as they will say that your mods makes the car even less desirable. So you can either 1) Sell privately as is with Mods or 2) De-Mod the car and sell those mods separately.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I highly suggest trying to revert as much as possible back to stock and selling the parts separately since you'll return more money that way.

Also, a car closer to stock attracts way more buyers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts