IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys a while back i bought a K&N Typhoon intake and a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust and i am extremely happy with the results from both the sound is awsome as well. I was just wonderin what a lot of you guys would do next i was thinking of getting dephi gauges that sit up where the clock is or a front mount but im not sure of the issues that come with getting a front mount. Let me know what you guys think thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
okay just to get this out of the way first, search search search....

If you are running the stock turbo a front mount wont buy you much. If you are planning to upgrade the turbo at some point I would say get the FMIC now and you will be set for the future purchase. I assume the greddy is a TBE? If not you will want to change the exhaust to a more free flowing system in reagards of a TBE. Also headers will also get you some torque down low and some HP. I would say to get APS, gruppe-S or some that have runners that are not extremely small. Stay away from the gp motto and cheaper brands. Also if you want to keep the boxer sound non-equal length will be the way to go. Some where soon you will want to purchase Engine Management (EM). This will be the single biggest gain you will see from the car PERIOD! Get EM and get a protune, you wont regret it!! Also I would say get stewart warner guages, they match very well and you can take the other 500-$600 and get the COBB AP....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive heard of people getting the hks dp to make my exhaust more free flowing from the turbo down do u think that would work?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
i have the evo2 .. i got the helix cattless dp .. and sent it to get jethot coated . Just wating on the V2 gauges to come out before i flash to stage 2 .

if i was u order the cobb ap and then get gauges and then get a dp and flash stage 2

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya sorry about that i didnt mean to say hks Helix is what ive been lookin at ive been lookin at helix dp on Gruppe-s thats probably what ill end up getting

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
forget about the FM, its really not necessary w/ a stock turbo as someone mentioned, as it will also be a waste of $$.

Defi's, you can look into gettin the Boost gauge for the time being.

but i think you're search for gains would definitly be in the DP, and EM. most preferably the Cobb AP. if your going a full TBE, go full 3".

good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts