IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new wheels and tires installed yesterday. Gold SDRs and Pirelli PZero Nero M+S. Wheels fit perfectly, tires feel pretty good so far in the dry...a little less harsh than the 070s.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I know those tires are all season tires, but that tread design looks like it would not work that good in the snow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
I know those tires are all season tires, but that tread design looks like it would not work that good in the snow.
I had mine installed prior to the 22" dumping we got last weekend. While they're not Hakka's, they did quite well. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the picture, I can tell the tires are mounted incorrectly. The Neros are asymmetrical, so one side should face the outside and the other side should face the inside. The tire store mounted it in reverse. You should go back and let them know.

Anyways, congrats. They look good!

·
Registered
31 Posts
boxer4 said:
From the picture, I can tell the tires are mounted incorrectly. The Neros are asymmetrical, so one side should face the outside and the other side should face the inside. The tire store mounted it in reverse. You should go back and let them know.

Anyways, congrats. They look good!
I have the same tires and was concerned about that, but the tire store told me that these tires are asymmetrical but not unidirectional, so there are no R and L sided tires. It does look weired b/c the tred faces the opposite direction on the other side of the car, but it drives fine. It's also not bad in the snow (so far only light snow in Chicago).

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang, for some reason I'm not getting e-mail notification on followups.

Yes, I've got the stock springs.

wrcsti is right, I believe, they're asymmetrical but not unidirectional. They did well in the light snow we had last night. Overall, I've very happy with the Nero M+Ss. They're decent in the dry, excellent in the wet, and good in the snow. They're quieter and gentler than the 070s.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boxer4 said:
Well, shoot... Guess what? Finally got a chance to wash the beast today, and when I got to the wheels/tires, I noticed that there is an inside and outside to these tires, and three of mine are mounted inside out! You can't tell from the tread, but on the "inside" side, in small print, it says "Interno/Inner". The "outside" side doesn't say that anywhere.

Well, back to the installer tomorrow, I guess.

Thanks, boxer4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts