IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these took effect on September of 03, so sorry if it's WTLW

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr081903b.htm

Of interest is part of SB193 which says you must move over one lane (or slow down by 20 mph) if an emergency vehicle if stopped with it's lights flashing. No problem with that except that someone here at work got a $200 ticket for not slowing down by 20mph on the freeway as they passed a police car that was in the shoulder where the officer was writing someone a ticket. Since when is writing someone a traffic ticket considered an emergency? I guess I won't have to worry about getting a ticket next time I slow down by 20mph for a cop writing a ticket on a crowed freeway and immediatley get rear-ended by some big truck that was following too close at 70+mph :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed, this was spotted up/down Central in Dallas as well..

Seems to be just a money trap.

The put a car with their lights on and a series of 4-5 EXTRA cop cars that are doing nothing but radaring people in the closest lane to ensure they are 20mph under... They just point and make you pull over and they write up tickets... I presume if you don't make eye contact, they'll just chase you down anyway....

Plain wrong.... I presume they could just do that all day long and rack up a lot of revenue generating frivolous tickets...

I think emergency vehicle should be ambulance or firetruck only; it is not an emergency if a car has a car pulled over for speeding....

·
Registered
200 Posts
matadorCE said:
All these took effect on September of 03, so sorry if it's WTLW

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr081903b.htm

Of interest is part of SB193 which says you must move over one lane (or slow down by 20 mph) if an emergency vehicle if stopped with it's lights flashing. No problem with that except that someone here at work got a $200 ticket for not slowing down by 20mph on the freeway as they passed a police car that was in the shoulder where the officer was writing someone a ticket. Since when is writing someone a traffic ticket considered an emergency? I guess I won't have to worry about getting a ticket next time I slow down by 20mph for a cop writing a ticket on a crowed freeway and immediatley get rear-ended by some big truck that was following too close at 70+mph :roll: :roll:
Thanks,
I will be moving back to Tx soon. this is good stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts