IW STi Forum banner

New Subaru Brochure

3K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  pgetchell 
#1 ·
Not sure everyone has got their hands on one of these yet. Here are some scans of the latest Subaru brochure which has the STi in it. Nothing new, but some more pictures for the collection. If JJ or the other moderators want to put these in the Gallery, be my guest.

Enjoy.

See less See more
#10 ·
4MLA1FN said:
my wife continues to say, "look at that wing.. that scoop...the *gold* wheels??? it's just obnoxious. i like the wrx better." how many other wives are saying the same thing?? :D
I have the same problem with mine. At least yours likes the WRX - mine hates it too. She has not mentioned the wing, but she is not very happy with the scoop and the gold wheels. I have begun my "crusade" a while ago and I got some positive results, but I am still far from hearing "yes, I love this car!" from her.

#11 ·
alfredob1: i requested mine for the site also. yours is likely on its way.

jj: yeah, i noticed that line. it made me think back to your sti ads thread. i'll bet this will be the tag line for one or more of the ads. :). to me, this line shows that SOA was aware of the/our desire for this car.

wojo: try the strategy of expressing how long you've known about this car, the injustice of the rest of the world having it for years but not us, and that its arrival is a dream come true. it won't convert her, but she'll know how much it means to you. :) at the dc autoshow, there was a guy with his wife and baby who were drooling over the 350z. we all were. he wanted it but she wasn't keen. my buddy and i started reasoning with her about why the car would be a reasonable purchase; e.g. "see, it has a hook back here here for attaching the tether of a child seat. this *is* a family car." it was hilarious. in the end, she moved from "no" to a negotiating position: if he'd get her a volvo wagon, she'd let him get a 350z. he was pleased. 8)

#14 ·
4MLA1FN said:
wojo: try the strategy of expressing how long you've known about this car, the injustice of the rest of the world having it for years but not us, and that its arrival is a dream come true. it won't convert her, but she'll know how much it means to you. :) at the dc autoshow, there was a guy with his wife and baby who were drooling over the 350z. we all were. he wanted it but she wasn't keen. my buddy and i started reasoning with her about why the car would be a reasonable purchase; e.g. "see, it has a hook back here here for attaching the tether of a child seat. this *is* a family car." it was hilarious. in the end, she moved from "no" to a negotiating position: if he'd get her a volvo wagon, she'd let him get a 350z. he was pleased. 8)
4MLA1FN: Thanks for the strategy advice. I actually have been (repeatedly) using all these points. "The long-time dream" is a big headline, which I supplement with "right now is the only time for me to truly enjoy this car and that I just have to get it out of my system". I also point to the 4-doors (my present car has only 2 and that was a big deal to her at the beginning). Every once in a while I would drop a line about rally heritage and talk about the different cars in this sport. The more she knows about this stuff the more understanding she will be. I have a few months left and I am pretty optimistic about this. :D

#16 ·
4MLA1FN said:
yeah that's cool, no pun intended. just yesterday, before i got the brochure, i asked about this on the interiors forum. the climate control systems i've used only require you to set the temp you want and that's it. so what does "semi-automatic" mean??
I believe what it means is that it will maintain temperature but not change the output between defrost/vent/floor. Most "fully-automatic" systems will do this for you. Additionally, a lot of fully-automatic systems are digital with an LCD display, whereas the STi has an analog knob with temperatures marked on it. Personally, I like this better. More subtle and probably less to break.

#21 ·
my wife continues to say, "look at that wing.. that scoop...the *gold* wheels??? it's just obnoxious. i like the wrx better." how many other wives are saying the same thing??

Yeah, I have a fiancee that has made similar comments. She drives an RSX though (a great looking car if you ask me, so she has room to talk). For us, anything with 4 doors is a good choice to her. Lets remember that this thing will go well in the snow too. Oh yeah, emergency braking and swerving around little kids running out in the street should come very easy in this car! She doesn't get "rally heritage" :)[/quote]

#23 ·
My wife had pretty much the same crinkled up nose feedback... especially about the wing...

Too boy racer for her...

Oh well, she doesn't have to like it... She doesn't like driving a stick and has driven my WRX 2 times in the last 2 years...

She didn't even like the 3000GT VR4 I bought for her a few years ago (talk about your nightmare suprise presents!)

#26 ·
thebigshow said:
Looking for a Super Tasty import. Have you seen one?
How about Speedy Turbo impreza?

That "See, dreams can come true" tagline would work with a good number of commercials from the commercials thread...MYSTi had one about a guy dreaming, that would fit the best :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.