IW STi Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
i finally broke down and enrolled in efi u to get accessport tuner.. im ready to make my phone a tuning device.

lmk if youd like to help.

e.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
What are you needing help with?
my goal is to develop an app that replaces my cobb accessport with my phone. so anything that furthers that end is welcome.

my background is in software development and i am just learning efi tuning now.. next step for me is to find a windows computer on which i can install and learn access tuner. =/

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I finished this today and agree with the OP.. though i think the 150$ price is steep given that its just a series of videos driven through powerpoint.

theres a lot of info here, though not nearly enough to be an effective tuner.. but i digress, the point for me was mostly to get access to the software.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
my goal is to develop an app that replaces my cobb accessport with my phone. so anything that furthers that end is welcome.

my background is in software development and i am just learning efi tuning now.. next step for me is to find a windows computer on which i can install and learn access tuner. =/
I'm interested. Any thoughts on platform?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I'm interested. Any thoughts on platform?

for the app? if so, ill likely start with iOs as i currently do not own any android devices. Will likely optimize for the iPad initially - because big screens. I also have more experience developing for iOs than android.

access tuner only works on windows, which is sad.. but asking for competition.

for the car? i love the subaru, but ultimately would like to get back to porsche.

·
Super Moderator
8,388 Posts
iPad? Ewww…

I am willing to help, but I'll need to know specifically what you want help on with the skills that I have.

I hear you on Porsche. That's my plan after I sell my STi and build my shop... and retire from one job in 1 year, 3 months. :)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
iPad? Ewww…

I am willing to help, but I'll need to know specifically what you want help on with the skills that I have.

I hear you on Porsche. That's my plan after I sell my STi and build my shop... and retire from one job in 1 year, 3 months. :)

would love some input on:

1. what would you like to see in a mobile EFI tuner app?
  2. Which devices and features are most useful for you.
  3. what are the minimum features required?
  4. would you pay for this, how much?
mostly im educating myself on the EFI tuning and CAN bus side first. i will probably take a look at romraider as well to see if it offers a good starting point for something new.

·
Super Moderator
8,388 Posts
1. I would like to see a platform supported that doesn't cost Apple money nor locks you down to an iOS. At that point, people can get a cheap Windows laptop and press, which is what I used to do.

If you're looking to tune from this device, it's going to start getting more difficult as you'll want a keyboard... Generally a mouse too, as when you try to fit more on the screen, my fingers are too fat to be exact on selecting items.

2. Android is the way to go, especially with how cheap you can get an Android device and that you can put Android radios into cars easily. Hell, I'd prefer software for a Chromebook over an Apple device (yes, I have a work iPhone... Haven't turned it on in months).

3. I guess that really depends how far you're trying to go with a tablet platform. Utilizing drop-downs for know product mods to add/mix in aiding in tuning, and shortcut buttons for shaping things that are specific to that car.

4. Depends on the usability, accessibility, portability, and what else is out there at x price point.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts