IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only assume that since Subaru is now offering the ECU reflash to fix cars with pinging then probably all the new ones coming into the country will already have this fix in place or otherwise corrected ECU's.

Just wonderin'

BTW, did a search, couldn't find anything along these lines, my apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Dude....I can't really explain it.....but your avatar makes me feel like I've done something wrong! While not based on any concrete evidence I think your assumption that the newly delivered STi's are reflashed only makes sense. Having said that - I took delivery 7/11 and have 4300 detonation free miles running Sunoco 94 religiously. Good luck!

·
Registered
983 Posts
seriously, my heart really beat faster when your avator popped up. i don't wanna see cop cars in this forum.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It might take a lil bit more time for them to start curring them before they get to the dealers, cus the ones that are being sold NOW, are ones that were shipped out at about the same time the very FIRST batch came here... takes a couple months to get here.

So i'd give it another month or two ... maybe even till the end of the year :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Is your mom's last name schumaker?

So will they be able to run on 91 octane or still 93+ after ECU remapping?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts