IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i can get a new sti, blue, with 35 to 100 miles on it. it must of been a test drive/dealership run to the store car. i dont know excat miles i have not looked. i was wondering if 100 of improper break in would be bad. is 4k just a recomendation from subaru. let me know what you think, i will try and get a $$ discount on it too. thanks ryan

·
Registered
857 Posts
dont forget free oil changes too...

yeah, who knows what kind of "test drive" smiles those have been through...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
It's up to you, but I would want it for no more than $27k at most as it is now used and you have no idea how it was treated during those test drives. Some dealers don't let people thrash on them but based on what I've read in these forums of other people's test drives, some do.

BTW, Suby recommended break-in is 1k mi., not 4k.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mine had about 35 miles on it when I took delivery, and I had no idea what "normal" was for these at the time. I'm not too worried about it, though. It was another learning experience for me - next time, I'll either get a discount, or wait for the next one. And as for this one, the car's doing just fine.

I figure that if the car's designed to last a long time and stand up to all sorts of driving habits, then 37 miles isn't going to completely make or break the car.

No matter what happened in those 35 miles, the car was babied for the next 500+, and wasn't driven hard until close to 1000 miles (I'm a believer in the 750-mile break-in, myself). And, with the extended warranty, if it has problems in the first 100,000 miles - say, it started burning oil or something worse from improper break-in - well, shoot. It's under warranty. :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
mine had 54 miles on the clock. it did'nt bug me any cause it has 3/36. if it makes it to 3 or 36 then i kinda doubt any of the first 54 were fatal. yes i paid msrp.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
dublurx said:
hey i can get a new sti, blue, with 35 to 100 miles on it.
if they're not offering invoice or below, i'd say walk. you can get brand new, undriven, for invoice or below. don't know where you're located, but i'd look around a little more. mine had 5.5 miles on it; just enough to drive it outa the factory, to a holding lot, onto the ship, off the ship to a holding lot, onto the truck, into my dealer lot, and one trip to gas station fill the tank. it's up to you. if you want the car bad and now, then buy it, but again, only at invoice or below.[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts