IW STi Forum banner

new STi vs. EVO 8

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BlackSTi 
#1 ·
I'm reading the October issue of Road and Track and in the Ampersand section is an article on the battle of the EVO and STi. STi, president, Masaru Katsurada, says "I feel that STi should go international. The time is right for us now because of the success of the WRX. I want to have a presence in Europe and the U.S."
He wouldn't say why he isn't doing anything at first but then when The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII was mentioned he instantly became animated. "In whatever form the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII comes in, we'll be prepared to counter it. So yes, you can assume that we're saving the STi brand for that chore. And I'm sure MItsubishi is already prepared to counter our STi effort. It's a chess match between them and us in Japan currently and the case will be no different in the United States."
Also Sam Mitani described his ride in an S202 in Japan simply that every problem in the WRX is fixed in the S202. Also he said that all 400 of them were sold in the first two weeks with no advertising.

On a seperate note, if the STi never makes it to our shores, what would you rather drive and would you put up the extra money... WRX or EVO. And is the EVO's interior as crappy as i have heard?

#2 ·
road and track has more info

That just adds more weight to the rumour that the STi will be in the US. Hope it comes to Canada too (where I am).

As for the EVO interior, it really is quite dull. I always thought that the STi's interior was many levels above and beyond that of the EVO.

If the STi does come here I hope that they give us the real deal including the interior. We'll just have to wait and see.

23 days and counting to the unveiling of the new front-end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.