IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
if you go older, i'd go GD.. but i digress, the VA is much better than the GD. from this old mans perspective having owned both.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Which one is the Va?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oakos Automotive - Subaru Impreza WRX Performance Parts : Subaru Impreza Chassis Codes

Chassis Code

Description

GC8 Where It all began! Loosely used to describe the 1st Generation Impreza from 1993-2001.
GF8 The 1st Generation Sport Wagon
GDA 2002-2007 "New Age" WRX Sedan
GDB 2004-2007 "New Age" WRX STi Sedan
GGA 2002-2007 "New Age" WRX Sport Wagon
GGB The "New Age" WRX STi Sport Wagon (Unfortunately, Never Available In The U.S.)
GR 2008+ Subaru Impreza WRX STI
GH 2008+ Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback
GE 2008+ Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

·
Registered
299 Posts
isnt it the new one? i almost got a gd 2x once in 04 and again right before i got my 09...didn't want payments on either of them and dealer didn't want to be fair on price with condition of second one...nice race car but my back likes the softer ride currently lol!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
isnt it the new one? i almost got a gd 2x once in 04 and again right before i got my 09...didn't want payments on either of them and dealer didn't want to be fair on price with condition of second one...nice race car but my back likes the softer ride currently lol!

yes, sorry.. VA starts in 2015-present.. i didnt realize VA wasnt listed in the post above. I like my 2017 VA far more than my 2007 GD.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I’ve had an 07 and also bought an 11 new that I still have that’s got lots of mods. I love it as a raw, loud “fun” car but it’s ancient as far as interior quality, electronics and safety compared to any newer cars. As a daily, the newer car will be better but if you want a weekend toy to mod, I would take a black on gold 04👍

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never thought about it like that. It’s mostly going to be my car to get to work and weekend car. I only work 5 days every two weeks. But you make a valid point. Thanks for the different perspective

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve had an 07 and also bought an 11 new that I still have that’s got lots of mods. I love it as a raw, loud “fun” car but it’s ancient as far as interior quality, electronics and safety compared to any newer cars. As a daily, the newer car will be better but if you want a weekend toy to mod, I would take a black on gold 04

I found an 07 stock, in Pittsburgh but they want 27k for it. That’s insane lol it does have only 52k miles on it, looks in excellent condition but I’m having a hard time justifying the price when you can get a newer model. 04-07 is my favorite STI. I had a 14 SWP and liked it, drove nice but it didn’t feel raw lol

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Exactly!!

What Lidrew wrote ^^^. I DD a built 05 w 235K on it. It's an ancient car and not just in mileage and I am well aware of it. That said I wouldn't mind starting with a low mileage GD again when this one reaches 300K. But, I'll never pay the going price for one when I can get a new modern car for nearly (2/3) the same amount.

Let me again stress a GD is an old car even if it is perfect shape.
A VA is a relatively nice modern car . . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts