IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say HI.

New to the forum. Owned an STI for just over a month now.
I must be the luckest guy in the world, not only owning STI, but also getting it at list with no waiting !! No I could not believe it either.

Anyway thought I would just share some impression of the STI. After owning a WRX for 2 years and lusting after an STI since I first saw the pictures and specs. I had to endure 1000 miles below 4000 revs (i am pretty strict on running cars in correctly), what a killer. Planned a trip to the Florida Keys from Daytona just get through the miles quickly.

Pass 1000 mile just before leaving the keys, pressed the accelator and got a speeding ticket at miles 1001.5. :cry:

Since then (3 weeks) I have managed to avoid getting caught, had some close runs. I thought the WRX was too easy to speed in but the STI is just so quick to illegal speeds it is very hard to control myself (not the car).

I love the way the engine growls when hard on the gas.

I love the start from zero (first time I did a hard start from zero, my radar detector and call phone shot into the back seat, girl screamed and I almost missing second :eek: )

I love the traction, so improved over the WRX. I cannot wait until I first autocross it.

Almost zero turbo lag, just power all the way.

The gear shift is super, so easy to change and match revs on down shift.

I smile virtually every mile i drive (Offical statistics show 32 Smiles per gallon :D )

Brakes are stunning, once you get passed the first slightly soft feeling.

I am sorry, guess I am just rambling, but cannot praise it enough.

·
Registered
316 Posts
steel braided brake lines should give the brakes a more positive feel since they dont flex at all unlike reinforced rubber

·
Registered
284 Posts
almost an STi owner...

your post makes me even more impatient for my blue-gold - ill be getting her tomorrow :) its good to know that the STi is such a joy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts