IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2014 sti and first Subaru with what looks like a Cobb stage 2 kit, however the AP wasn't included with car purchase as it was from a dealership. So my issue is not sure if its married to a Cobb ap or another type of ecu tuning so I don't want to purchase a AP and brick my ecu.
  • So Question 1: Is there a way for me to tell if and what time it has currently on it?
  • Question 2: if it does have a non Cobb tune and is still married to a device will buying a new AP and installing brick my ecu
  • Question 3: if it doesn't have a Cobb tune how would I go about flashing it to stock tune so I can immediately plug in the a new Cobb AP.
Thanks for all the future Help 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
COBB TUNING HEADQUARTERS: – MAP
2311 W Rundberg Ln. Suite 500, Austin, TX 78758
Hours: 9am to 6pm Monday-Friday (CST)
  • Customer Service unavailable Fridays 4pm-5pm (CST)
  • Customer Service closes 4 pm (CST) for First Thursdays
Phone: 866.922.3059 | Fax: 512.997.6400
Most questions can be answered here first: COBB Support
Customer Support: [email protected]

·
Vendor
282 Posts
You can install over an older Accessport or opensource tune. If you have access to opensource tools you can try to flash it. If it let's you then there is not an Accessport installed. You'll want to compare the tune to stock tune at that point to see what you have. You can also just install an Accessport now without really caring what is on there if you don't have a way to look at current tune.

Hit me up if you need an Accessport, we have them in stock with free shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts