IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the STi world by purchasing one on Long Island. I paid invoice (29,185) and then had them get me a trunk lid from a regular WRX (needed to lose that fin!) and paint it with the metallic black. Had to change to the regular WRX rear light. Also bought a set of winter rims/wheels and had the dealer also spray the rims black. Now I have black rims for the winter and Gold rims for the summer! SHould have a nice stealth look. I will keep the original trunk in a safe location for the day when I need to move on. WIll post some pics when the car comes in - should be about 10 days!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where abouts in longisland did you get this? how was the experience? how much was the swap out that you are having the dealer do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the car from the dealer in Glen Cove. I spoke to the guy in Huntington, but he was over $700 higher for the same exact base car! The Glen Cove people were great to deal with. The base price was invoice. I am keeping the original trunk lid. I added the carbon fiber dash trim (~$225), winter wheels and tire set. I will place an audio/navigation system myself. CUrrently looking at the Alpine unit, but very pricey. At this time, given the weather in the Northeast, most dealers will work at or near invoice. I also know that the dealer in Hicksville will sell at invoice. Once the weather changes, I bet the price goes back up. Most of these dealers are sitting with several vehicles on the lot. Even the one in Huntington has 5, but would not match the other offer. Pretty stupid, considering my office is across the street form him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts