IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who is interested, PLX has finally released information on a new generation multigauge module. They have been sold out of most modules this year and I was afraid they were bailing on the market in pursuit of silver-impregnated sheets and fancy LED flashlights.

SM-PRO Combined Sensor Module Array

The new module has a boost/vac gauge built in (just hook up tubing to the module box) and also contains multiple other modules. I personally would have been happier with the modular nature of the old boxes, plus not everyone wants all of these gauges, but frankly I won't complain because I'm just happy I don't have to have a second gauge mounted in the car. I found out about the stock issues after I'd bought the wideband and EGT and couldn't get any of the others...

I don't really see where you can get the imfd cables anymore, but anyway the prices I'm seeing were in the $60+ range anyway, so I'm going to build my own cable in order to enable live logging of wideband with accesstuner.

I'm curious if they'll ever add something beyond WBO2 and boost/vac to the android/ios app...

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
An offering that was never fully fleshed out . . .

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An offering that was never fully fleshed out . . .
The app? Agreed. It's interesting bc I think they have one of the best gauge offerings by far, but they also seem to spread themselves thin with very different product offerings. Still, the only other "multigauge" solutions I can find that aren't full on dash computers are just dual function gauges. A few are decent (fluid temp + pressure) but mostly they are pointlessly mismatched like EGT + battery voltage. Plus I still don't want more than one gauge, two at the most.

The app would be pretty sweet paired with an unlocked headunit that can support screen mirroring. Oh well I'm just happy ill be able to add some more modules to my plx gauge. If only I could monitor the various knock and timing parameters without my accessport stuck on the dash...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts