IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I cracked my bumper going down a steep incline the second day. F'n Texas ice storm! Then someone backed into my car at a stoplight the day I sent in the second payment. I had both fixed at the same time. I was surprised on how well they matched the paint. Your car will be good as new in no time. At least the rental car company didn't give you a smokey chevy hhr like I had for a week.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - New side racing stripes installed!

Ouch that stinks. For some reason my car's are usually magnets for stupid people. I had my Accord in the shop at least 2 times from auto accidents, the first one being within 2 or 3 months. The shop I go to does pretty good work, so I'm not too concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

Car is finally out of the shop, gah it's so nice to get back into it after driving a Hyundai Accent. Everything looks fine, even got an extra set of body side molding since you can only order it in pairs ( extra right side I believe if they are directional ). I just have to take it back in 60 days so they can put the protective film back on the side of the door.

I also put one of my pistols up for sale, hopefully if I sell it for what I want, going to have enough to order a Cobb AP and some other small goodies ;).

This has been a big pain in the *** though. Santa Fe Insurance ( not mine, the other party ) is just terrible when it comes to handling all this. I got into the rental car July 25th, and that was about a month after the accident, just goes to show you how fast they work.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

Still no updates really, but here is a picture from when I went to the beach:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - Cobb AP & SF Intake on order!

So finally yesterday I ordered a Cobb AP and the Cobb SF Intake from Cygnus Performance ( very good price ). I know the intake is little to no gains, but I just want a noise maker and having something new to keep me entertained. Really looking forward to seeing how big of a change the Stage 1 tune does, don't want to get my hopes up too much though.

I thought about open source but I'm really not familiar with it and the nearest tuner is probably 1.5-2hrs away so the AP seems practical for me to use OTS tunes for now until I'm ready to go with a protune.

Not sure what I want to save up for next .. I'm debating really hard about going stage 2 with P&L turbo-back or Invidia Q300 with catless downpipe. I love the tips on the Q300 but it's just such a common exhaust among the suby crowd it seems.

I'd like to get some visual mods like the HTautos lip kit, it's decent priced and isn't too flashy. The other OEM replica ones just aren't appealing enough to me. Maybe some CF pieces like the rear silver piece delete or the pillars. I really like the CF vents that one member is selling, I just don't see myself spending 200+ for them.

The wishlist will continue to grow heh.

·
Registered
867 Posts

Well have hopes because stage 1 will meet those. ITs a new car... and you will love the intake, did you get the air box as well?

·
Registered
231 Posts

your tuner will probably just tune with the AP anyway when your ready to go stage 2 +. Nice car boss, i really like the plasma blue!:domo:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

Well have hopes because stage 1 will meet those. ITs a new car... and you will love the intake, did you get the air box as well?
Good to hear, I can't wait, and yes I ordered the box, the Texas summers with the high humidity are unforgiving heh.

your tuner will probably just tune with the AP anyway when your ready to go stage 2 +. Nice car boss, i really like the plasma blue!:domo:
Thanks, it really is an awesome color, hard to capture the purple in it but when the sun is beaming on it, it looks hot!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - Cobb AP & SF Intake Stage 1 93oct loaded!

So finally the UPS guy drops my goodies off at like 630-7pm and I get right into it. I won't lie, this intake was a pain in the *** for me, even the stock intake gave me some trouble just removing it.

On the Cobb, I guess when I was trying to get the filter on, I chipped part of the black hard tube off the little lip, where it butts up against the filter, I'm not sure if this will cause me issues or not, I didn't take pictures of it, but I think since the filter is clamped on there, it shouldn't cause any problems. I'm not sure if I lost a hex screw or not, but I only had 3 for the lid, luckily I had some spare stuff at the house that worked.

Anyways I won't get too much into the install etc since everyone is familiar with it but let me get down to the review ..

All I can say at first impressions is WOW!! This thing is freaking loud compared to the stock air box, it's very obvious that you have done something to it by the sound of it. The turbo spool and the air "pshhh" is so much more prominent, makes you feel like you should be hitting light speed or something. Being this is my first turbo vehicle, the sound is pretty exciting but I'm sure it will draw some unwanted attention from the younger punks around here who drive their beat up civic's with a huge *** canister on the back.

If you are looking for more sound, this will definitely do it. I'm still surprised at how loud it is, my gas mileage this tank is going to be very low heh.

With the intake, I loaded Stage 1 SF 93 map. Can't say much at the moment since I only took it for a few minute spin up and down the highway etc. but it seemed like in first gear on take off, I had to give it a little more gas to respond, not sure if this is the intake or the map but WOT I did feel some pretty strong pulls and the power band felt a lot smoother as I climbed in the rpms rather than it feeling kind of jerky with the stock tune.

Perhaps over the weekend I'll play around some more and try to get a better feel for it.

I couldn't imagine how WOT feels on a stage 2 protune with all the goodies. :D

Here's a crappy phone picture, I don't get all fancy with photos, not skilled enough for that heh and it's almost 9:45pm:

·
Registered
133 Posts

Very nice.:tup:

Did you notice two new sedans and a hatch at JK Subaru? I think we... or you, started something.:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Yea I notice one every now and then when I drive that way, think they have a DGM sedan and a hatch I forget what color.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - P&L, TurboXS, RallyArmor, SPT goodies on order!

So a few updates, no pictures of course yet .. but I got the SPT carbon fiber trunk trim, RallyArmor Mudflaps, P&L catback and a TurboXS downpipe all on order :D.

I'm super excited to get some new goodies to freshen up the fun level. The exhaust is probably the biggest thing I can't wait to receive. Just ready to hear what it sounds like in person, videos never capture the true sound and rumble. The downpipe installation will probably go on hold for a bit since I'd rather get a protune for stage 2 vs running the OTS map, plus I probably need to get a boost gauge as well.

The exhaust will be a few weeks, I'd imagine, for production time and shipping. I shall be waiting patiently!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - P&L, Rally Armor, SPT, TurboXS goodies on order!

Sounds awsome D! Let me know if you need a spare set of hands.:tup:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - P&L, Rally Armor, SPT, TurboXS goodies on order!

good deal! looking forward to seeing these installed :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Quick exhaust shot teaser ..

Since the shop closed at 5pm and I got the exhaust in at like 4, I didn't have a chance to get down there and get it installed .. but here's just a quick photo.:D

I also got my SPT carbon fiber trim in today and installed my mud flaps a few days ago. As soon as I find another cord for my damn camera, I'll get some half *** decent photos up.

I haven't seen any sedan's on IWSTI with the P&L exhaust yet so I might be the first to share it, if someone has though, point me in the direction. :)

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Re: Danielc409's PBP '11 Sedan - P&L, Cobb, Tigwerks, JNA, SPT, Kartboy, TiC, Redline

With a crappy start to the day with heavy fog and a little rain .. I never thought I'd actually get around to washing and waxing my car today .. but I did!

Here are some updated pictures with a couple of add on's that I never got around to getting pictures of, enjoy!

Add on's include JNA front lip, Rally Armor mud flaps, SPT carbon fiber trunk trim, and P&L quad tip exhaust. I'm thinking about adding some gold Rota D's 18x9.5+40 .. as much as I would like some Advan's, it's just not ever going to be in the budget sadly. Also ordered some Tigwerks engine mounts while the price is right heh.

Found this bugger hanging out while washing:

That's about enough for today .. the rest are pretty similar. This was just on a typical point and shoot, I tried applying some of the stuff I've read about taking better pictures from various threads heh.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Re: '11 PBP Sedan *UPDATED PIX*- P&L, Cobb, Tigwerks, JNA, SPT, Kartboy, TiC, Redline

Tigwerks motormounts have arrived! It'll be a bit before I install them since I need a flex ratcheting wrench and torque wrenches, but from first impressions, it's quality material. Can't wait to get them installed and to see how the tranny mounts come when he's finished with them.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Re: '11 PBP Sedan *UPDATED PIX*- P&L, Cobb, Tigwerks, JNA, SPT, Kartboy, TiC, Redline

Im like you, I park far away with everything I drive, yet some junk *** car has to park buy it or of course a stupid shopping kart cant be put away by some jacka**

61 - 80 of 149 Posts