IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...

Just Traded In Th Srt4 Yesterday And Got A New Sti. Would Like To Know The Top Three Mods To Go For.( Best Bang For The Buck). Thought About Cai, Fmic, And Some Sort Of Ecu Upgrade. Am I On The Right Track???

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Skip the intake. The FMIC would be more consistent but until you upgrade the turbo it is not going to get you more power. First thing I would do is turbo back exhaust and a Cobb AP with a PDXTuning OTS map (you're local, we do significantly better in this climate with the PDXTuning map than the stock AP stage2 map).

After that it really depends on whether you are aiming for a fast straightline car, or if you want to give it some more twisty skills.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Congrats on the STi :tup: Go with a turbo-back exhaust and a Cobb Access Port (engine management) What color STi did you get?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Rootus said:
Skip the intake. The FMIC would be more consistent but until you upgrade the turbo it is not going to get you more power. First thing I would do is turbo back exhaust and a Cobb AP with a PDXTuning OTS map (you're local, we do significantly better in this climate with the PDXTuning map than the stock AP stage2 map).

After that it really depends on whether you are aiming for a fast straightline car, or if you want to give it some more twisty skills.
Does the cobb AP come w/ the PDX tuning OTS or is that a different thing? Also, who has the better exhaust systems out there?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the boards, also you may want to look into oil catch cans to protect the investment.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jasonsti said:
Hey Guys...

Just Traded In Th Srt4 Yesterday And Got A New Sti. Would Like To Know The Top Three Mods To Go For.( Best Bang For The Buck). Thought About Cai, Fmic, And Some Sort Of Ecu Upgrade. Am I On The Right Track???
I would say no. I would go for a downpipe and exhaust. Then you will want EM. FMIC is unecessary at this point, as is the CAI.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Congrats! As for exhaust id say an invidia, or COBB, both in my mind are great.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you like the twisties, and wish to minimize roll and improve instantaneous response to inputs, go for thicker sway bars and some steel brake lines.

That being said, I have not modded much yet. I have to wait my turn. My household includes a mod crazy husband who has a Mazdaspeed Mx-5 at the moment. Supposedly it is his turn to spend the mod money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts