IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked her up. Godspeed downpipe, perrin pulley and the whiteline bushing kit. Definately a noticable difference :lol: . The "thud" is gone while shifting hard. You can hear the turbo spool now and there is a little rumble now too. It feels faster in every gear especially in 3rd n 4th it pulls much harder all the way to redline.The only thing is since I did the pulley and pipe at the sametime I cant tell how much more one than the other might have contributed.The car is definatley faster but I want more!! :lol: 8)

·
Registered
304 Posts
How does the bushing kit work exactly? How safe is it, and if its something so simple, why wouldnt it come stock that way?

Does it make things less hard on the diff or does it just get rid of the sound?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
It gets rid of the thud when shifting hard but I have read it causes a noticable vibration. I think that is why Subaru did it the way they did. I guess it just depends on what you can live with more.

M

·
0 Posts
It takes like 15 minutes to install, and once they were in, they have very little vibration, or at least mine haven't.

Overall, quite easy, and I am pleased with the results.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In relation to the bushing kit. Are there any DIY outhere? Preferably one with pics? :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Stinsanity said:
Just picked her up. Godspeed downpipe, perrin pulley and the whiteline bushing kit. Definately a noticable difference :lol: . The "thud" is gone while shifting hard. You can hear the turbo spool now and there is a little rumble now too. It feels faster in every gear especially in 3rd n 4th it pulls much harder all the way to redline.The only thing is since I did the pulley and pipe at the sametime I cant tell how much more one than the other might have contributed.The car is definatley faster but I want more!! :lol: 8)
Haven't done the dp but i did notice a nice pull to redline with the pulley.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Stinsanity, can you tell me the name of the shop that did the work. I'm in r.i. and am looking for a shop to work with.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
6 are included... you will only use 4. There are 2 small ones for the earlier model or different model WRXs or something. The instructions will tell you. You will have two big on the bottom of each side and 2 medium size on top on both sides. Also try a search... someone had a good pic of it... I will get a pic after I get some clips of the exaust if you want as well.

i might be joining the godspeed dp club soon myself did it raise your boost pressure at all?
The godspeed DP is a nice one. It will raise boost pressure some, as you're relieving back pressure and increasing the piping size. It will probably make the biggest difference out of all the mods out there right now (except for maybe a serious enginemanagement platform).

Robert~

·
Registered
452 Posts
staticx313 said:
The godspeed DP is a nice one. It will raise boost pressure some, as you're relieving back pressure and increasing the piping size. It will probably make the biggest difference out of all the mods out there right now (except for maybe a serious enginemanagement platform).

Robert~
Would the Godspeed DP make that much difference even without a catback upgrade? Or, is it implied here that the catback upgrade should follow? (But then, I did notice that you upgraded your catback first? :))

Thanks,

-Rich

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Would the Godspeed DP make that much difference even without a catback upgrade? Or, is it implied here that the catback upgrade should follow? (But then, I did notice that you upgraded your catback first? :))

Thanks,

-Rich[/quote]

It will make a huge difference, as you're widening the entrance of the dp (since its 1/2 way blocked off stock - check perrinperformance.com 's site for some pictures of this)... that and you're expanding to a full 3" piping, and removing 2 cats. More psi, faster spool up, and definitely hp/tq to come without the removal of the stock catback. I went catback first because I wanted the sound ... and because it was $~200 off retail and wanted at that deal :). Hope this helps

Robert~

it is also recommended not to get a catback just as of yet, as some people have experienced boost creep in 4-6th gear or so... I havent, but I also have an electronic boost controller... so a dp only might be the best... and maybe just a mid pipe upgrade as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts