IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Impreza WRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Subaru and I love this machine so much. Took me a while to get use to her, but she is a dream machine. I had a 08 MKV GTI when I was 18 and loved that car. It practically drives it self through turns. Lost that car due to complications. Then years later had a 2016 Hyundai Elantra I bought for work which was a 6 speed... lol that thing was a turd bucket and was junk, but reliable and dependable. I’m so happy to own a car like the WRX. I kept comparing it to the GTI driveablity and was getting frustrated thinking maybe the GTI is a better car for me at least, but after driving the WRX for a couple of months and taking her out in the rain and snow. The car has proved its confidence time and time again.
I bought the car from a buddy in NJ. It’s a one owner car with all the records. Has a Cobb intake, and Cobb down pipe with an Invidia exhaust. Not stock, but just about. I’m going to do some mods and post them on the forum. Apologies for the long rant. Thank you guys and happy to be apart of the Subaru Family.
6942C20B-39BE-4F64-ADA9-3D2869FD148A.jpeg
2AA7EB83-6C04-4488-8185-6AC36A16F6E8.jpeg

·
Registered
193 Posts
welcome.

definitely get a protune with those mods. it doesnt seem like much but an intake and tbe with a tune is a good 40-50whp jump from stock. i'm sure the thing is a blast.

what are your future plans for the car?

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Impreza WRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome.

definitely get a protune with those mods. it doesnt seem like much but an intake and tbe with a tune is a good 40-50whp jump from stock. i'm sure the thing is a blast.

what are your future plans for the car?
Welcome aboard.

Agreed with the above, accessport and protune right away with those kinds of mods currently on the car.
Thank you guys! Happy to be apart of the forum and owning a car like this. @Karlot, unfortunately I have ringland failure in cylinder four from the previous owner. I bought this beautiful car for an amazing price. So I’m pulling the usdm ej255 and putting it on a stand. Im going to rebuild the ej255 with the right internals. I’m going to slowly build the engine and I’m putting a jdm ej20x in the car so I can drive it around while building the ej255. Im also going to upgrade the suspension to some fortune auto coilovers and redo the ball joints and tie rods. Upgrade the front and rear sway bars. That’s about it. I really want my car to drive smooth and not take away from what Subaru has already made a really nice car. I really appreciate you guys responding to my post. Thank you again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thank you guys! Happy to be apart of the forum and owning a car like this. @Karlot, unfortunately I have ringland failure in cylinder four from the previous owner. I bought this beautiful car for an amazing price. So I’m pulling the usdm ej255 and putting it on a stand. Im going to rebuild the ej255 with the right internals. I’m going to slowly build the engine and I’m putting a jdm ej20x in the car so I can drive it around while building the ej255. Im also going to upgrade the suspension to some fortune auto coilovers and redo the ball joints and tie rods. Upgrade the front and rear sway bars. That’s about it. I really want my car to drive smooth and not take away from what Subaru has already made a really nice car. I really appreciate you guys responding to my post. Thank you again.
Check out Cygnus performance coils. Geoff (the owner) got me a fantastic deal on them, built to my specs. Custom valved and custom spring rates. And get this. They are made by fortune auto lol. I highly recommend them to everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts