IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I thought there was pinging

I found these pics of the new Lancer WRC car taken at the Tokyo Auto Show. It appears to be a slightly revised EVO 7. I believe this is the car Mitsubishi will run at the begining of the season and then switch to a completely new car later on.

Attachments

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
not a bad looking car... i like the paint, nice and simple.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That looks just like Mitsubishi's Rally EVO VII from before, I don't see many changes. I thought they would make it more like the EVO VIII for the new season.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wrx_sti300 said:
That looks just like Mitsubishi's Rally EVO VII from before, I don't see many changes. I thought they would make it more like the EVO VIII for the new season.
The external changes are minimal, but mechanically it is a whole new car

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
thats a different wing... hey wojo, you getting one for your evo? :p

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Whatever works I guess....?? :roll: I'm not even going to lie, my girlfriend who knows absolutely nothing about cars said "WTF is that?!" when I showed her the pics of the '04 Lancer WRC and its wing. I can't wait to see if that thing actually makes it to the final revision after testing.

-STiLL

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those first pics are of (I think) the Group N Lancer which was meant to be running in the ANCRO rally championship here in the UK (Needless to say it didn't when Mitsubishi pulled out).

I really like the front of the new Lancer WRC - it looks like the F2 astra which used to be run in the British Rally Championship a few years back. However, as with those that have already commented, the back wing is just so bad! But, I remember thinking that I would never like a certain red 206, or indeed the font end of the 2003 Impreza!

Just as an aside, my pics from my trips to the WRC this year will be online tomorrow if I remember to get them organised tonight :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
J4MIE said:
Those first pics are of (I think) the Group N Lancer which was meant to be running in the ANCRO rally championship here in the UK (Needless to say it didn't when Mitsubishi pulled out).
I thought about that too, but then why would they put Sohlberg's name on it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
STI prices in illinois and missouri

wojo said:
J4MIE said:
I thought about that too, but then why would they put Sohlberg's name on it?
Kristian Sohlberg is one of the actual Works drivers for 2004 Mitsubishi, who he was ran by Mitsubishi Team on selected WRC events in 2003 like Rally Deutschland with the above pictured car :)

The pics. on top are the 2003 Lancer WRC... On the bottom, however, is their 2004 contender, a fully revised and rebuilt WRC.
You see can see deatiled pics at http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/motorsports/e/04wrc/index.html

A unique rear wing for a sedan... At first, the car looked ugly as hell to me, but slowly it's sinking: they might have compromized from the looks for functionality. Very radical body aerodynamics!

I haven't seen such bad-ass fenders since Group B era!!!

We'll all see how the new car performs against other WRCs(like the new Peugot 307WRC) in less than a month @ MonteCarlo!

I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was sorta surprised they didn't use a fenced wing design like the subaru wing...everyone else seems to be having a lot of success with it.
also, the use of passive diffs, and manual gearchange, in a mitsu WRC car was a little disappointing to me.
I'm thinking to my self..they took a year off to develope this?!

·
Registered
208 Posts
tecnic1 said:
I was sorta surprised they didn't use a fenced wing design like the subaru wing...everyone else seems to be having a lot of success with it.
also, the use of passive diffs, and manual gearchange, in a mitsu WRC car was a little disappointing to me.
I'm thinking to my self..they took a year off to develope this?!
To be honest, that's what exactly what I thought!
It's more of a brand new Gr.A than a WRC :lol:

(On the other hand, we may all be proven wrong at the end of the season if FIA turns arround and banns active diffs and auto-gears for cost cutting reasons !)

·
Registered
312 Posts
RDiamond said:
Wow. Mitsubishi is really trying to catch up to Subaru in the ugly wing department. :eek:
i think with this entry they have surpassed them in every design element of the car...
hope they had better luck in re-designing suspension and drivetrain.. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts