IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Great forum here. I'm moving and need awd, leather in a spirited car. I've had my eye on the 07 limited STi. I'm trading in a 03 G35 so I am looking forward to the STi. The car is for me, the leather is for my lady. The Subaru is definitely faster and more nimble plus I can have fun in the winter, a real plus for me.

I hear the suspension was softened, I would like to tune the car a bit, maybe work the breathing also. Would appreciate experience with vendors and products from anyone. Also good 17" winter tire recommendations appreciated.

cheers

kirk

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Hey welcome! I think you will enjoy the Suby more than the G35 for those reasons. There are plenty of upgrade paths and lots of helpful folks here....:)

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Hey welcome. In regards to tires, you will need them in the winter months, as the stockers are undriveable. I personally have had great experience with the Blizzak LM-22's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Sti's are drivers cars, drove an 04 for a bit, eye opening and fun.

As for tires, Thats going to be my choice, I cant get LM22's for my G.

So at first it'll be a K&N and bigger pipes and audio system.

Whats the life of the pads on STi's these days? MY G burns a set every 25k and its not cheap.

cheers

k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.