IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've just put on a Borla header on my STI, and for some reason during 1st & 2nd gear full accelerations runs I lost .5 lb. (according to my boost gauge) from stock readings, and on 3rd gear I gain .5 lb.(from stock). Has any one else experienced something like that too? Is it normal?

·
Registered
357 Posts
You may have a leak. Did you use fresh gaskets? Did you check flanges for straightness?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: minus 15 degrees, oil light came on.

I checked, no leak found. I reused factory gaskets. The flanges are straight. I even torqued the bolts and nuts to factory specs.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Guru said:
You may have a leak. Did you use fresh gaskets? Did you check flanges for straightness?
Definitely check everything. But couldn't decreased backpressure on the exhaust side = decreased IATs on the intake side. In other words, the air is more dense at the same pressure, so the ECM needs less PSI?

-st

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another possibility. Those are quick gears - IF you are going through them quicker with the header there would not be time to build the load necessary to reach the same boost levels. Also uncoated, unwrapped headers can lag as much as 200-300 rpm and again going through quick low load gears might not spool up fast enough to achieve the same boost levels. At .5 psi don't worry so much about the boost levels in 1st and 2nd gear - are you getting the torque to pull through them faster?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts