IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm new to Subaru and just got a 2019 STI. Absolutely love it, but I bought it used, 30K miles, and right off the bat I noticed something goin on with the stereo. It works fine, but once I hit 70mph I start to get these surges through the speakers, little bass kicks, maybe 5 or 6 a minute, but only once I hit 70mph. Anyone have this issue?

Attachments

Registered
hello and welcome 馃憢 I鈥檓 new too so I can鈥檛 help at all. Is it still the factory audio system?

Registered
Hey, made an account just to reply to you. I have the same issue but I bought my 2021 STI brand new and right from the start I noticed the bass rattle and I didn't have to be at high speeds and just had to turn up bass on the equalizer. I want bass in my car so I'm gonna be heading over to the dealer and they should fix it for me since it's brand new.

Registered
The sound systems on these STI's are no bueno.
I upgraded to the kicker package as well, but those aren't even good. Its just the amount of power the head unit puts out, its unable overcome the road noise.
I just paid for a whole new sound system with double wrapped dynamat on the doors. It helps, and now I have some quality equipment in there. But that road noise can still be heard at high speeds.

Registered
The sound systems on these STI's are no bueno.
I upgraded to the kicker package as well, but those aren't even good. Its just the amount of power the head unit puts out, its unable overcome the road noise.
I just paid for a whole new sound system with double wrapped dynamat on the doors. It helps, and now I have some quality equipment in there. But that road noise can still be heard at high speeds.
I payed for upgraded speakers and tweeters tho because I didn't really want to settle with crappy music while I get the chance to do it myself. Only my left side driver door speaker rattles at high bass so I'm assuming it wasn't installed properly.

Registered
I payed for upgraded speakers and tweeters tho because I didn't really want to settle with crappy music while I get the chance to do it myself. Only my left side driver door speaker rattles at high bass so I'm assuming it wasn't installed properly.
Were they able to fix it back at the dealer ship? And did you get the Kicker package?
If you did get the Kicker, did you get the sub too?

Registered
Were they able to fix it back at the dealer ship? And did you get the Kicker package?
If you did get the Kicker, did you get the sub too?
I got the kickers and upgraded speakers but not the sub since I thought the price of that one was way too ridiculous. Also, I haven't gotten the time to go yet. It doesn't happen consistently enough for me to make it a top priority but enough to bother me.

Registered
Welcome, I am new as well, I drive 16 STI. I had same issue but coming from factory sub. I just disconnect it and issue went away. But I updated whole entire system in STI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts